Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why are we so negative ?

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
well whyt ?i know we have had some sh*t in our history but why do we fear the worst...we have had some great results as well . we just seem to expect the worst

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Because it's 'what we do'

I'm not negative by the way, this IS our year

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Suspect it is the fear of failure. Three rubbish attempts at POs and a gutting miss on auto does test the old resilience a bit.

TBH, it is bloody irritiating when them up the road chance upon just one decent season to finish 5th and get promoted whereas we seem to have n (where n is an unusually high number) attempts.

After 50 years, I don't get negative or positive. It just is. Celebrate if we do it, come back again for another dose if we don't.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Suspect it is the fear of failure. Three rubbish attempts at POs and a gutting miss on auto does test the old resilience a bit.

Exactly, understandable to fear the worst after two pathetic playoff appearances followed by a heroic but futile third attempt (having been agonisingly close to automatic promotion).

Having said that, personally I'm still very confident this year.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm still optimistic we can get 7 wins from our final 11, joking... shitting a brick right now!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Because wallowing in negativity and over-reacting to every loss is a sure fired way of securing promotion?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Negative because when it goes tits up they can say "told you so" and if it doesn't go tits up then they just keep schtum. It's called win/win

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Negative because when it goes tits up they can say "told you so" and if it doesn't go tits up then they just keep schtum. It's called win/win

Hmmm not sure I'd be saying that Rugrat, not saying we won't do it but we are making it harder for ourselves... but definitely not in the 'told you so' camp.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here