Premiership.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Watford
Bournemouth
Burnley
Swansea

All sides unlikely to go down this year. No reason we couldn't be at least as good as them next season if we recruited appropriately.

After yesterdays performance I think you are counting your chickens.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The OP is a major tw@t... we need to get to the Prem League... for Tony, for CH, for the (sane) fans, and if we want to keep our best players...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think Tony Bloom would agree considering he wants the £100m+ and probably doesn't fancy bankrolling us to the tune of the current £25m a season loss. Even if we went straight down would secure us financially for several years.

That's the crux of it, as seen by the £10m's per annum also pumped into Wednesday, Derby and Huddersfield by their owners to name just three other clubs. To get to the financially life changing PL.

The finances of all these clubs are excessively unsustainable, even TB can't afford to lose that much per annum and the £25m loss figure is a breach of FFP IF over consecutive seasons.

A promotion may well lead to unenjoyable trips getting thrashed at the likes of Stoke, Liverpool and Chelsea, but the windfall gain is desparately needed by the club. Without it, squad quality will inevitably suffer as we comply with FFP.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hate the premiership and won't go to matches but it's all about bloom and trying to recoup some money....If we do go up and get relegated then so be it.
Mind You Bournemouth,Burnley,Watford etc have done very well to be fair in what is not a good league :)

Disagree with every word. I will certainly watch us if we make it to the the Premier League. It is not all about Bloom. If we go up and get immediately relegated I will be disappointed. The three clubs plus others contribute to it being the most exciting and, on average, the best league in the world. But do carry on.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I hope we don't go up. We're better off where we are. It's more exiting, and we will just come straight down anyway.

Screw the prem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean. if the truth be told, most of us have enjoyed the Championship seasons, but you are assuming that next year will be just as exciting. I strongly suspect that at some stage TB will rein in his spending, and if several of our better players leave this summer, then we may find ourselves in mid table at best, even allowing for the talents of the recruitment team. We have to go for promotion this season, and there is no reason why we cannot stay in the PL -the Bournemouths of this world have shown that it is entirely possible.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Disagree with every word. I will certainly watch us if we make it to the the Premier League. It is not all about Bloom. If we go up and get immediately relegated I will be disappointed. The three clubs plus others contribute to it being the most exciting and, on average, the best league in the world. But do carry on.
Best league in the world:facepalm:
It's a shite league that's full of seriously overpaid players and nothing more.Fairplay to you and the many thousands more but the premiership is all what's wrong with football.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
It's called the premier league .

Continuing to prove what a class one cock you are. Saturday evening and ****ing over NSC as always.

You really are the gift that keeps on giving. Assuming the folks on your forums still ask you to keep away because they think you're a twatt as well?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It's a shite league that's full of seriously overpaid players and nothing more.Fairplay to you and the many thousands more but the premiership is all what's wrong with football.

In terms of depth, I think it probably is the best league in the world. Yes, they are overpaid and one can of course question the influence of TV, but the reality is surely that the PL is what we have to aim for, like it or not.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Personally I'm more than happy in this league. However, it does appear to be virtually impossible to be competitive in the Championship and break even so for the good of the club we need to go up at some point.

Personally I'm more than happy in this league. However, it does appear to be virtually impossible to be competitive in the Championship and break even so for the good of the club we need to go up at some point.

Good of the club but to the detriment of football in general.if clubs have to run up losses of 60 million+ to stand a chance of getting into the premiere then its not very healthy.Players earn too much and tickets cost too much:rolleyes:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I'm very much in two minds. On one hand, the Premier League does indeed represent almost everything hateful about modern football - the vast amounts of cash being given to thoroughly average footballers and their appalling agents and the parachute payments that skew everything against clubs like the Albion - but on the other I want us to be as successful as possible. And that means promotion.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
What's the frigging point of playing sport if you have no ambition!!!!!

You need to know how far your ambition takes you before deciding how far you are prepared to risk the future of your club.
The Premiership composes of the top ten sides and the also rans, If you are one of the top sides then you are in an outstanding set up in a top league in Europe the rest are battling relegation and are having to play very basic defensive setups which supporters pay a high price to view. There are huge amounts of cash available from TV which agents and players get rich on because of 3/4 year contracts which are payable whichever league you are a member off.
Look at the present state of one time top league teams,Blackburn,Bolton etc,Channel 5 Football programme clearly shows teams who considered they had made it,built new stadiums which now exist on much lower attendances, its not for me and others who have supported the Albion well before the Amex was built.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Bath? Pffft!

You obviously haven't noticed my location!
(Although to be honest, unlike most of my fellow citizens, I couldn't give a monkey's about egg-chasing)!

I hadn't noticed your location, and I too am not interested in "egg-chasing". My daughter and her partner took my wife and I to a premiership match on New Year's Eve - Wasps vs Bath - and I really don't see thhe point. extremely tedious. And it's not because I don't understand it, because I played it at school many years ago.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I for one would not be happy having a fantastic season, almost making it and then blowing it right at the end just to not go up, what's the point in putting all your time, effort and money into it in the first place?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here