Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mass changes for Rotherham

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
loads of changes helped a lot at Lincoln didn't it. That's where our form started to subside. We are in a great position still. A position we would've been happy with at this point if someone had told us this is where we were going to be on 4th Feb. We also know that every team has a wobble at some point. This is our wobble. The sooner we find form again the better. Yes its a bit worrying but we need to have confidence in the team. Negativity in the stands can only transfer into the players. It always harder looking over our shoulders than it is chasing. Wouldn't surprise me if we drop out of the top 2 but if we did we can still get back into it. Lets get behind the team. See ya at Rotherham

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We don't need to gamble on anyone. There's nothing to suggest since Kayal came back that he is even next in line for a midfield spot. Looks very rusty. We played a great game against Reading and were unfortunate to take nothing from the Newcastle match - there's a fair chance that without their complete fluke of an equaliser we'd have held out. Today, yes, a poor result but the 1st and 3rd goals were dodgy as ****. Might need freshening up in the forward positions but that's all.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Rotherham are a team woefully low on confidence, if we continue to play the likes of Murray and Sidwell when they are quite clearly not fit then I'll think Hughton has lost the plot. Our full 2nd 11 comfortably beat mk dons earlier this season, lets freshen it up!

Thought Sidwell was our best player today until he went off.

el punal

Hughton has to show he has cahonas now and make 7/8 changes for the game on Tuesday. The team looks shattered and out of ideas. Let's get March, Kayal, Hemed even Skalak in the squad, all will have a point to prove and provide us with some much needed impetus.

Thank goodness Chris Hughton is our manager and not you. So now name the 7/8 players to come in, and who do they replace?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
loads of changes helped a lot at Lincoln didn't it. That's where our form started to subside. We are in a great position still. A position we would've been happy with at this point if someone had told us this is where we were going to be on 4th Feb. We also know that every team has a wobble at some point. This is our wobble. The sooner we find form again the better. Yes its a bit worrying but we need to have confidence in the team. Negativity in the stands can only transfer into the players. It always harder looking over our shoulders than it is chasing. Wouldn't surprise me if we drop out of the top 2 but if we did we can still get back into it. Lets get behind the team. See ya at Rotherham

It's even better....it's the 4th March.

el punal

Our form didn't seem to subside when we beat Barnsley and Reading.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

We've been wobbling since PNE did a number on us in January, I haven't felt particularly confident away from home since.

We now need a win on Tuesday, Friday and at least a point at bellend road. Pressure is on.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Our form didn't seem to subside when we beat Barnsley and Reading.

yup was at the Barnsley game and we played well there. but in general our form hasn't been good since preston/Lincoln away. winning the odd game here and there don't make great form. string more than a couple of wins together makes it good form. we are still well capable of doing this but need to pick it up sooner rather than later

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Thank goodness Chris Hughton is our manager and not you. So now name the 7/8 players to come in, and who do they replace?

Uwe in for Duffy (won't be fit imo)
Tomori in for Rosenior, same reasoning
March in for Knockaert- Controversial maybe but I remember us playing Rotherham away last season and him getting no joy whatsoever. With the amount of games he's played recently I'd rather keep him on the bench, use as an 'impact sub' if needed and if not keep him fresher for the Derby game
Kayal in for Sidwell- Sidwell hasn't got the fitness to play every game imo and has looked a bit out of sorts recently
Norwood in for Stephens- Only change i'm pretty indifferent on, Stephens had a stinker yesterday, but we all know what he can do when he is on form. Norwood is very underrated on this forum and is a solid Championship CM
Skalak in for Murphy- Murphy did nothing yesterday and I'm getting sick and tired of the amount of set piece opportunities we waste every game. It was this time last season where Skalak nicked us a few games with some good deliveries and he will be eager to impress.
Hemed in for Murray- Hemed looks in far better form than Murray and I think everyone agrees he should start on Tuesday.

I'm not expecting Hughton to make all these changes as it's not his style, however if we don't make at least 4/5 I think we could be in trouble.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
7/8 changes? Wow.

To have a knee jerk reaction, the first thing you need is a jerk.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
the three subs will all start on Tuesday as will one of Uwe or Seb to replace Duffy

was very surprised that Norwood, March and Hemed did not all start game yesterday

three games a week for two weeks on the spin is whole reason we have a squad of players not just a team

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think there will be a couple of changes but not many Hunemier for Duffy if he is not fit. Hemed for Murray and Norwood for Sidwell or possibly Stephens.

This. Wonder if March might come in for one of the wingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here