Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When your luck isn't in...

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
C'mon........How can we expect the players to remain positive if we aren't?

I say, stop crying over yesterday and look forward. We have the talent...we can do this!
Look out Rotherham, here we come...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
C'mon........How can we expect the players to remain positive if we aren't?

I say, stop crying over yesterday and look forward. We have the talent...we can do this!
Look out Rotherham, here we come...

We certainly have the talent but if the players have stopped believing and are bemoaning their luck we are only going one way.

Rotherham may be bottom but in this league anyone can beat anyone, it is going to be a really tough game and the players need to believe again and not play with fear.

That incredibly lucky goal by Newcastle has had a negative effect on players and fans. Conceding two goals yesterday, that apparently shouldn't have been, can't have helped either

We are down on our luck but it happens to every team

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I was at game. We were not bad. Even first half when no side looked like scoring. There first goal was there first venture in our half. After that I have never seen us dominate an away game like it. What was dreadfull was all four of our forwards. They made nothing of all our possesion. Knockhaert and Murray were a disgrace with there falling over time and time again, I t was so bad suprised both were not booked. Would be nice if Baldock jumped for ball sometimes. What on earth was Dunk doing getting booked.Ref after long chat with linesman gave decision he was not going to change. Main trouble with goal was that Clough was unmarked. You cant blame ref for not seeing offside as only way we know it touched his head was because he claimed the goal sraight away

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I agree about the no excuses, but Forest were just as abject as we were.

It was just an all-round shocking game of football. So pleased I spent 8.5 hours of my life on a train going to witness it.

Ah well. Move on. We're not usually that bad.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I was at game. We were not bad. Even first half when no side looked like scoring. There first goal was there first venture in our half. After that I have never seen us dominate an away game like it. What was dreadfull was all four of our forwards. They made nothing of all our possesion. Knockhaert and Murray were a disgrace with there falling over time and time again, I t was so bad suprised both were not booked. Would be nice if Baldock jumped for ball sometimes. What on earth was Dunk doing getting booked.Ref after long chat with linesman gave decision he was not going to change. Main trouble with goal was that Clough was unmarked. You cant blame ref for not seeing offside as only way we know it touched his head was because he claimed the goal sraight away

We dominated with very little pressure though. There keeper was hardly tested and we never created much danger did we? We never looked like winning, and then it all went pear-shaped.

el punal

1. An offside forward gets the final touch for the first goal. Ref and lino seemingly discuss it but allow the goal to stand.

2. Your 'keeper plays keepy uppy in the box, stuffs up, and they score.

3. Your centre back gets the ball but the referee gives a penalty.

I'm not sure Stockdale made a save of any kind this afternoon, yet we lost 3-0.

The rough and smooth of a football season. How many times have the Albion been fortunate over the last few months where results have gone our way. Admittedly, you make your own luck in this game and we have certainly earned that.

theboybilly

Did you not think at half-time, as I did, that we were passing Forest off the park and that the second period would bring us something? We were never under pressure throughout but that 1st goal was a killer (it shouldn'thave been I'll grant you) Forest got all the luck in that second half and you could plainly see why they are struggling. They were there for the taking and my biggest disappointment was that Albion didn't go for the jugular, as they can so well, instead of endless crossfield passes.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The rough and smooth of a football season. How many times have the Albion been fortunate over the last few months where results have gone our way. Admittedly, you make your own luck in this game and we have certainly earned that.

Yes, we have had some luck, but after last season we are fully entitled to have some. Whilst on the pitch you largely make your own luck, I fear that we are running out of good fortune at a vital time. That freak goal, two left backs injured at the same time and now two central defenders as it looks as if Duffy might join CG on the unavailable list. Then Akpom gets injured. It is up the team to dig deep on Tuesday, but then we were told that after the team meeting following the Newcastle defeat, defeatism was all in the past. Then came the Forest performance. It is not all doom and gloom, of course, as we are still second after that Huddersfield loss, and they now have one game less to overtake us, but nonetheless things are not as rosy as they were, and 6 points this week are an absolute must.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Did you not think at half-time, as I did, that we were passing Forest off the park and that the second period would bring us something? We were never under pressure throughout but that 1st goal was a killer (it shouldn'thave been I'll grant you) Forest got all the luck in that second half and you could plainly see why they are struggling. They were there for the taking and my biggest disappointment was that Albion didn't go for the jugular, as they can so well, instead of endless crossfield passes.

To be honest in the light of day after they had taken the lead we were passing the ball around quite freely but failed to get that equaliser. We won't talk about the 2nd goal:facepalm: . I know what you mean about the crossfield passing though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here