Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Haye vs Bellew

1 Not allowed!
    Really really good fight.

Don't like Haye.
    Sad to see Haye fall apart, but so much respect for fighting through what would have been agonising pain, and really nice words after the fight.

Don't see a rematch happening.

Bellew to drop back down, and fight 2-3 times before retiring.
    He couldn't punch from the 7-8th round, won't make it through 12 rounds with any elite heavyweights.

Pleased with the result, always loved Bellew.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion Dan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I just think that Haye was loading up far too much for the big knock out first two Rounds rather than boxing properly which is what Bellew had goaded him into. From then till the injury thought Haye looked by far the better and most comfortable in there and then it went to pieces with the injury. Bellew actually looked terrible considering he was fighting a man with one leg.
      That's true actually. He was just going for the big punch every time, now I think about it.
      At times it was painful to watch when he had the injury, because I didn't want Haye to get hurt even more. It's not like he could of got out the way. From the 10th and 11th it looked like Haye was getting something back from the fight but then unfortunately fell out of the ring from where he was ducking and swerving the punches.

Bellew tired himself out and I don't know how because he didn't start fighting till the 5/6th round. He did look terrible and Haye deserves a rematch.

What was the judges scorecard's?

0 Not allowed!
      Don't know why Haye was talking rematch tonight, he's finished.

Injury ravaged old man now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Fresh Nappies wanted, CASH WAITING!

0 Not allowed!
      I can't understand all these comments about it being a really good fight. The division is a joke. The first few rounds they feeling each other out. Then between rounds 3-6 was a handful of punches thrown by each. Then after round 6 bellew was too tired to finish off a crippled fighter. Why was Bellew even tired and struggling to hit a crippled fighter, i don't know. He'd only thrown about 25 punches up until then.

It was two out of shape poor fighters looking for a last payday. The fact Bellew even said after the win it was all about the money for the family and he didn't care about the win. It was more comical than entertaining.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bladders View Post
      ravage
      your mum
      now

1 Not allowed!
      I'm not the biggest boxing fan (and didn't watch the fight – only followed it on Twitter/SSN, etc), but caught a lot of the 'build-up' last week which was, to me, pathetic, especially given the post-fight embrace/love-in.

But what I don't understand is why people are saying how bad Bellew was. The odds were MASSIVELY stacked against him, he was fighting with a broken hand from round 2/3 and up against someone bigger, stronger and heavier than him. Yes, I get that Haye's leg had gone, but it was still an upset.

Like I say, I'm not the biggest fight fan, but if I put this 'upset' into footballing context, isn't it a bit like lower league teams beating a PL side and 'hanging on' at the end? All the pre-fight talk (from experts) was that it was a mis-match, cruiserweight vs heavyweight and Haye was going to win without a doubt. Bellew isn't a heavyweight, so why is anyone surprised that he struggled?

0 Not allowed!
      I'm glad I didn't cough 16 quid to watch a bloke on one leg fight a bloke with a broken hand. It's like Aldershot V Mansfield being on PPV.

I'd be better off standing outside my local Yates's wine lodge on a Saturday night waiting for it all to kick off to see a better fight..
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SK1NT View Post
      I can't understand all these comments about it being a really good fight. The division is a joke. The first few rounds they feeling each other out. Then between rounds 3-6 was a handful of punches thrown by each. Then after round 6 bellew was too tired to finish off a crippled fighter. Why was Bellew even tired and struggling to hit a crippled fighter, i don't know. He'd only thrown about 25 punches up until then.

It was two out of shape poor fighters looking for a last payday. The fact Bellew even said after the win it was all about the money for the family and he didn't care about the win. It was more comical than entertaining.
      Spot on, it was pretty hopeless
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      I'm not the biggest boxing fan (and didn't watch the fight – only followed it on Twitter/SSN, etc), but caught a lot of the 'build-up' last week which was, to me, pathetic, especially given the post-fight embrace/love-in.

But what I don't understand is why people are saying how bad Bellew was. The odds were MASSIVELY stacked against him, he was fighting with a broken hand from round 2/3 and up against someone bigger, stronger and heavier than him. Yes, I get that Haye's leg had gone, but it was still an upset.

Like I say, I'm not the biggest fight fan, but if I put this 'upset' into footballing context, isn't it a bit like lower league teams beating a PL side and 'hanging on' at the end? All the pre-fight talk (from experts) was that it was a mis-match, cruiserweight vs heavyweight and Haye was going to win without a doubt. Bellew isn't a heavyweight, so why is anyone surprised that he struggled?
      How can you comment when you didn't see the fight !!!

1 Not allowed!
      Was a great fight.
      Don't know what more you can expect/ask for.