Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you cared to go to the EFL website and look at the goals scored by young players from ALL professional divisions it is quite impressive, although it doesnt invalidate the skill executed to score them, on its own it doesnt necessarily represent some 'gold standard', it is just a very good goal by good players.

Connolly's is a good goal, a very good goal and good for him, but unless your offer a reason why you would think his particular development pathway and this goal scored might be unique to him personally and therefore qualifies the current recruitment policy is the point that I raise, to some extent its an irrelevence.
    Despite reading these two long sentences repeatedly, I'm still not sure what you are trying to say.

I think you are trying to say that no matter what he does on the pitch, there should be a Sussex youngster in his place in the academy (no matter what THAT youngster does on the pitch). Is that it?
    Brighton and Hove Albion Squad Contract Durations 2016-17

Albion U-18s: A Review of the 2016-17 Season

Albion U-23s: Review of the Season - 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
    I think, but I may be wrong, that it is the cleverest quip I've ever seen on NSC.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      There's no one there, there's no one there ....
      Better times now though!! I remember the good times's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Also looks a bit dark, are only half the lights on. Why is this played at the Amex anyway?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
      Ah for someone that says he isnt particular opinionated you seem to be finding your feet, so good for you.

If you cared to go to the EFL website and look at the goals scored by young players from ALL professional divisions it is quite impressive, although it doesnt invalidate the skill executed to score them, on its own it doesnt necessarily represent some 'gold standard', it is just a very good goal by good players.

Connolly's is a good goal, a very good goal and good for him, but unless your offer a reason why you would think his particular development pathway and this goal scored might be unique to him personally and therefore qualifies the current recruitment policy is the point that I raise, to some extent its an irrelevence.

I note your nerdy friend seems to think it is laughable that any young player from Moulescoombe especially (why there ??) could possibly replicate the development pathway of any other young player no matter where they come from, its a particularly ignorant comment.
      SignuptheMoulescombe8NOW!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Seagull View Post
      There's no one there, there's no one there ....
      Maybe that at matches like this, they should just open part of the Amex for POTG. And for other U23 and U18 matches too.
      Together (sometimes) Thunder Bolt's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by I remember the good times View Post
      Also looks a bit dark, are only half the lights on. Why is this played at the Amex anyway?
      It's part of the rules of the U23 Premier league that a certain number of games are played in the home stadium.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      Together (sometimes) Thunder Bolt's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Maybe that at matches like this, they should just open part of the Amex for POTG. And for other U23 and U18 matches too.
      Season ticket holders are free, and others can buy print at home tickets.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      PROD with the PROD

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      THRIKER!!!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
      SHIT! Did you see that?! He's got a foot like a traction engine
      My vision is augmented.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post
      Despite reading these two long sentences repeatedly, I'm still not sure what you are trying to say.

I think you are trying to say that no matter what he does on the pitch, there should be a Sussex youngster in his place in the academy (no matter what THAT youngster does on the pitch). Is that it?
      No I am not, you cannot quite grasp my point even though you have chosen to comment indirectly to me on random posts.

You only offer a view on current form, whereas my general point is consistent, it is on the current recruitment policy, driven by a bias towards Ireland in particularly and even Scandinavia and why in my view this is no more than vested interest by the manager of the academy and therefore has an inevitable impact on overall outcomes, if you dont care where the talent is nurtured then you dont care.

You seem not to undertsand that its the point of recruitment that is critical, after which preferential opportunity effects that outcome on young players development and progress, so future young player outcomes doesnt necessarily endorse the original recruitment decision.

0 Not allowed!
      What was the final score ?
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.