Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion U23s v Middlesbrough U23s, Premier League 2, Amex Stadium, Tonight - Kick-off 7pm

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good to see Maenpaa apparently fit again - thought he was likely to be out for longer.

There seem to be a lot of defenders in that team - any idea of who'll play where?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
On a dodgy stream on Seagulls Player.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Good to see Maenpaa apparently fit again - thought he was likely to be out for longer.

There seem to be a lot of defenders in that team - any idea of who'll play where?

The Albion are consistent with how a teamsheet is numbered (at least with a back four). No. 2 is the right-back, no. 3 is the left-back, no. 4 is a midfielder, and 5 and 6 are the central defenders. Hence Collar at RB, Cox at LB and Hall partnering White in the centre of defence. This is also confirmed by the club tweet, which lists players in "lines" from back to front and from right to left:-

[TWEET]837724430788866049[/TWEET]

The tweet tells us that Albion will line-up with a midfield of (from right to left): Hornby-Forbes, Barclay, Molumby and Tilley. Connolly and Bjordal are upfront.

So, armed with this information, you will also be able to deduce the initial formation from the tweet and/or teamsheet.:thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Would be a dodgy stream - apparently it shouldn't be kicking off for half an hour yet!

Sorry, I should have used correct English, such as ; it will be on a dodgy stream at 1900 hours on Seagulls Player. Hope that clears things up.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sorry, I should have used correct English, such as ; it will be on a dodgy stream at 1900 hours on Seagulls Player. Hope that clears things up.

The dodgy stream emanates from Crawley's Checkatrade Stadium, according to Insider's reply on "Ask the Club". It should be a strong signal from the Amex.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Albion are consistent with how a teamsheet is numbered (at least with a back four). No. 2 is the right-back, no. 3 is the left-back, no. 4 is a midfielder, and 5 and 6 are the central defenders. Hence Collar at RB, Cox at LB and Hall partnering White in the centre of defence. This is also confirmed by the club tweet, which lists players in "lines" from back to front and from right to left:-
:thumbsup:
Thanks for that, AZ. I thought Hornby-Forbes was a RB when he arrived (hence thinking there were quite a few defenders in the team) - are we converting him to RM? - he played there last time out too, didn't he?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thanks for that, AZ. I thought Hornby-Forbes was a RB when he arrived (hence thinking there were quite a few defenders in the team) - are we converting him to RM? - he played there last time out too, didn't he?

I feel this would be an appropriate moment to point you in the direction of a post I made shortly after we signed him - Tyler Forbes

Have done a bit of extra research on the lad. He was a scholar at Preston (where his youth team manager for 6 months was Graham Alexander before he moved on to become Fleetwood's manager). Hornby-Forbes was released by Preston at the end of his scholarship in the summer of 2014 and signed for (Alexander-managed) Fleetwood to join their new development squad.

He was actually a right-winger at Preston. However, Fleetwood knew that they would be losing the services of their regular right-back Conor McLaughlin (who is almost 5 years older than THF) to international duty and so started playing THF at full-back (in the development squad). He made his first team debut in November 2014 at right-back, with McLaughlin away on international duty, and just four days after his mother had passed away.

Alexander said of him:-

He gets forward, gets back and wants to be aggressive. He didn’t take a day off [after the death of his mother] and his dad travelled down with him. And to play like he did was unbelievable. ... I wish I had his pace! He’s got a great attitude. He wants to win and be a success.

He has made as many appearances for Fleetwood in right-midfield as he has at right-back. If anyone should be able to assess his abilities it is Alexander (who made over 800 appearances himself as a right-back). Having had him as a lad at Preston he obviously saw something in him to take him to Fleetwood in the first place. I am looking forward to seeing how he develops at Albion.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
First goal was a beauty. 1-0 Albion

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
3-0

spence

British and Proud