Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus buries Simon Kirby story

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It is quite difficult trying to convince the City that the government has a plan for brexit, when it is quite obvious that they haven't got one at all.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Not really.

The thread has been hijacked by those (including myself) who are having a downer on Simon Kirby, where the real story, as elicited by the OP, is that the Argus has buried a story which criticises a Tory MP, especially where (and they do have previous on this) with either Caroline Lucas or Peter Kyle, a story of this size would almost certainly be front page news.

Pretty much. And the point made earlier, that they had run the story previously on the website, suggests that they could easily have given it a decent run in the print version. But for reasons of their own, chose not to.

Conspiracy or uselessness? I usually believe the latter, actually.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
The only good thing I will say for him is that he supports our club and is a double North Stand season ticket holder.

What makes someone a double season ticket holder?

Is he so big that he needs 2 seats?
Does he buy another seat for another person?
Has he had a STH for 2 seasons in a row?
Are both seats used every game? If not, are they made available on the Ticket Exchange?
Are these seats occupied for a full 90 minutes of every game or are they vacated after 80 minutes of use?

So many questions and nowhere near enough answers.

As he is a public servant we should have a Public Inquiry into 'seatgate'

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
From my reading of the article in the "i", the City were not happy with his credentials and were not confident in his ability to represent their interests.
The other interesting part of the article stated that Kirby "is the country's first City minister who did not have either a background in financial services or a doctorate in economics".

In a business environment I would be looking at the hiring managers for the role and giving them a kicking.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here