Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rosenior in to replace POG tomorrow

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Adekugbe hasn't been mentioned as a possible stand-in, as far as I can see. Is he completely out of the first-team reckoning, or has he gone back to Canada?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
good news BUT not sure he will start as we have found with Kayal , being one of our best players before injury is no guarantee he will comeback as strong. I HOPE I AM PROVED WRONG.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Good news that he is back and available. But, if Pog is also available then I would start with him and maybe give Rosenior, 15 minutes or so at the end of the game as per normal sub rotation to ease him back to first team selection. But if CH believes he is ready to start then who am I to disagree? :)

I would be amazed if Pog. is available given that he came off after what, 20 minutes? I would imagine his groin problem needs rest not action.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Not perfect timing but LR is a very experienced pro and steady head. We have more then enough, if we focus 100% to close this league out in the final stretch.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Superb news, but let's not expect too much too soon. Liam will need to get back up to speed which will take a few games. Great news though.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
My view is brought about by the fact that he is predominantly right footed which causes problems when he turns onto his right foot to distribute the ball.

Normally I'd agree as many right footers at left back just can't do it. I can only really think of Denis Irwin and Paolo Maldini who were able to pull it off to a high standard - but Rosenior really is a decent LB

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is decent but IMHO not as good as Bong or Pogognoli as left back but better than Calderon was and also Phil Neville for England but I think his strength and forte are on the right.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
This right footed left backs being a problem is such a load of nonsense. Some of the greatest leftbacks of all time were right footed.

Maldini
Lahm
Irwin
Zanetti
Zambrotta

Also with the inverted wingers that are more and more common, it seems practical to play an "inverted" full back as it means they can deal with the winger if they cut inside.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
This right footed left backs being a problem is such a load of nonsense. Some of the greatest leftbacks of all time were right footed.

Maldini
Lahm
Irwin
Zanetti
Zambrotta

Also with the inverted wingers that are more and more common, it seems practical to play an "inverted" full back as it means they can deal with the winger if they cut inside.

I've just learnt that the late Tommy Gemmill was also a right footed left-back so it's not new! Lisbon Lion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here