Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Assuming we beat Forest.....

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
"Assuming...." threads have become this season's 'points required' threads and every bit as tedious and pointless.

Can we just beat Forest, and then actually not give a toss about anything else except beating Rotherham, Derby, Leeds........

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
I think Brighton and Huddersfiled will finish in the top 2 and Newcastle in 3rd. Over their next 8 matches between now and 14th April Newcastle have to play Huddersfield (A), Reading (A), Fulham (H), Sheff Wed (A) and Leeds (H). I think it is very likely they will drop a lot more points than us and Huddersfield over that period.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
WTF? WHY do you think im a PALARCE troll u assh*le. WHAT PRECISELY IS WRONG ABOUT MY POST?

Nothing as far as I can see. Maybe assume was the wrong word but that's all.

For me, I want a draw, IF we beat forest, I would be happy to be 8 clear of Huddersfield and level on points with Newcastle.

larus

It seems to be the cool thing on here to take the fun out of speculating.

"One game at a time".
"Defeat nailed on".
And crap like that.

If you don't want to speculate on things then why bother to open a thread which is crystal f***ing clear in it's thread title that it's a speculative thread. Not exactly rocket science is it!

In reply to the original theme, I'd prefer the draw, not because it keeps us closer to Newcastle, but both teams drop 2 points and gives us extra 'safety' over both teams in the run-in.

However, if we don't win, then I'd want a Newcastle win. Auto is much more important than the title (stating the bleeding obvious I know).

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
At 5pm on Saturday we would be 1 point ahead of Newcastle and 9 ahead of Huddersfield (subject to their game in hand) so would your rather:
Have Newcastle thrash them and go back to the top thus keeping our points gap or
Have Huddersfield win so we stay top and would still be 6 points ahead of them or
Draw. The draw would be enough for Newcastle go back to the top on GD but still leave Huddersfield 8 adrift...

I prefer the long game and would rather Newcastle thrash the Hudds..Top is not as important as promotion :)

Come back at 4.45 pm on Saturday

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I can't see anything else but a draw between Newcastle and Hudds, both teams with throw everything at it and if there is a victory it might be by another fluky goal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now the team are finally on the finishing straight, if they want promotion you have to assume they'll win games like Forest away.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That's a defeat nailed on. Nice one.

Exactly. Why do we do such lame things.

Even our songs. As soon as 'we're on our way' was played prior to kick off, we were sunk. Top of the league chants should be saved until the end, as well as 'we're fecking brilliant'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Forest isn't a formality,not a chance,and I worry that the defeat on tues might have hit them hard

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It seems to be the cool thing on here to take the fun out of speculating.

Or we're just wildly overstating the importance of superstition for comic effect, e.g. whether someone should eat fish or chicken for dinner.

larus

Or we're just wildly overstating the importance of superstition for comic effect, e.g. whether someone should eat fish or chicken for dinner.

Maybe you did mean that Notters (and if so, then I apologise), but most of the other posts weren't that complimentary to the OP. There does seem to be a trend on here to ridicule people for speculating. I honestly think if we can't look at the what-ifs at this stage of the season and our position, then Christ, give up watching football and just look at the table at the end of 46 games.

Maybe you did mean that Notters (and if so, then I apologise), but most of the other posts weren't that complimentary to the OP. There does seem to be a trend on here to ridicule people for speculating. I honestly think if we can't look at the what-ifs at this stage of the season and our position, then Christ, give up watching football and just look at the table at the end of 46 games.

THANK YOU! A sensible point raised in response to a reasonable question by me :)

D

Deleted member 2719

At 5pm on Saturday we would be 1 point ahead of Newcastle and 9 ahead of Huddersfield (subject to their game in hand) so would your rather:
Have Newcastle thrash them and go back to the top thus keeping our points gap or
Have Huddersfield win so we stay top and would still be 6 points ahead of them or
Draw. The draw would be enough for Newcastle go back to the top on GD but still leave Huddersfield 8 adrift...

I prefer the long game and would rather Newcastle thrash the Hudds..Top is not as important as promotion :)

How things can change.

Hudds win there two games in hand and they are level on points. :angry::eek::rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here