Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield's game in hand

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
S**T CLEVER SKY.
That now puts on hold all promotion until either that night or the weekend after.
22nd April close of play all teams have two games left thus (with GD) a six point gap would have started the party.
Now a NINE POINT gap is needed at the end of play 22nd April because Udders have a game in hand.
We could, of course, have that gap this weekend. Just got to keep it.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
We win on Saturday, the gap is 9 points by the time they play and we are top of the table.

Pressure is well and truly back on them,

We have an easy run in, let's get the job done.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
So if we're 7 points clear with 2 to play (Hudds 3), we could effectively secure promotion on 22 April with Hudds dropping points. Not how I'd imagined it

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
2 weeks ago we went to Barnsley , controlled the game and won 2-0.
They went to Barnsley a week ago and despite playing well drew 1-1.

Only a few days ago we were imperious and beat Reading 3-0.
A week before They scraped a win over Reading with a goal 8 minutes from time.

And last night they lost 5-1. Outclassed. (ok they had a squad team out but nonetheless).
They aren't going to win their next 13 games. They really aren't.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So if we're 7 points clear with 2 to play (Hudds 3), we could effectively secure promotion on 22 April with Hudds dropping points. Not how I'd imagined it

Yep.

Beamback please [emoji38]ol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

And last night they lost 5-1. Outclassed. (ok they had a squad team out but nonetheless).
But NSC has decided they are footballing gods.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It'll be all over long before then.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Huddersfield have a lets not lose attitude. Especially away from home. I think if we build up a gap of 9 points or more I get a feeling they might take a ''lets secure a play off place'' attitude. They are the type of side who would fancy themselves in the play off situation. Not lose away and win at home.

Their away form is ''bang average'' and they set up very differently away from home so I see them dropping points on their travels more than we will.

Never be over confident but always be aware that the opposition are not always as good as we often think because we don't often see their short comings

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Huddersfield have a lets not lose attitude. Especially away from home. I think if we build up a gap of 9 points or more I get a feeling they might take a ''lets secure a play off place'' attitude. They are the type of side who would fancy themselves in the play off situation. Not lose away and win at home.

Their away form is ''bang average'' and they set up very differently away from home so I see them dropping points on their travels more than we will.

Never be over confident but always be aware that the opposition are not always as good as we often think because we don't often see their short comings

They do set up differently away, but if the game in hand would draw them level on points with the team who occupy second (or leapfrog them/or a bridgeable gap) they'll be going all out for the win,

It's too far off to know how the table will look. Far too many permutations.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
They have 8 games now in April the longest time between games is 6 days.
On present form, there aren't that many tough games, but, they will have to win most, if not all, and what with teams fighting relegation, I'd rather be in our position than theirs.

This is the right analysis. I think Hudds have been brilliant and I'm a Wagner fan, but I do like the prospect of them playing eight in a month, especially with Preston Derby and Fulham consecutively. They play such a high octane game that leaves me to doubt whether they can sustain that over eight games in 29 days.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
This is the right analysis. I think Hudds have been brilliant and I'm a Wagner fan, but I do like the prospect of them playing eight in a month, especially with Preston Derby and Fulham consecutively. They play such a high octane game that leaves me to doubt whether they can sustain that over eight games in 29 days.

True - but they have a decent squad. Their back-up players are better than ours, I think. Good squad rotation could keep them relatively fresh. Let's hope for a few suspensions....

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I still think people are really over-estimating the final points total of the top three. In saying this, I do now think it looks like a three horse race. Of those, I'd be surprised if more than one chalks up nine wins or more in their remaining fixtures. 90 might not be enough this season, but I doubt it will be much more than that.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
True - but they have a decent squad. Their back-up players are better than ours, I think. Good squad rotation could keep them relatively fresh. Let's hope for a few suspensions....

I'd be ever so pleased with some suspensions, but which of their back-up players are better than ours. FWIW, when properly fit and raring to go,I think our best first eleven is:

Stockdale, Bruno, D&D, one of three at left back, Knockaert, Stephens, Kayal, March, Baldock, Murray

I'll give you the following as very decent back-up players:

Maenpaa, Walton, Rosenoir (if not left back), the other left back, Murphy, Sidwell, Norwood, Hemed. Probably Akpom and Tokori too

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I'm glad we're not 6 Pts behind and a worse goal difference with Newcastle, Aston Villa (just won 2 on the bounce) then Brentford away
If we had those next 3 fixtures coming up and those Pts behind I think must of us would probably come to terms that we might be in the play offs

Also if Huddersfield were playing Notts Forest & Rotherham next we'd all be saying well that's 6pts guaranteed

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It was nearly 8 weeks ago now that Huddersfield's game in hand was re-arranged for tonight. Seems longer.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Excellent that events have transpired to render this game completely irrelevant for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here