Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge Car Park post match

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
What the hell was that all about after the game last night. Used it many times and never seen anything like it. Would be intrigued to know what time the last cars made it out.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I was on mill road park and ride - missed first 3 mins and still huge queue's after having a beer following the final whistle. Can't imagine why ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What the hell was that all about after the game last night. Used it many times and never seen anything like it. Would be intrigued to know what time the last cars made it out.

i escaped before midnight...just......it was full along with the over flow ..not sure theres been a midweek capacity crowd before (?) ...but it does lead to a lot of people arriving at the same time...yesterday it took over twice as long as normal to get to the game

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
i escaped before midnight...just......it was full along with the over flow ..not sure theres been a midweek capacity crowd before (?) ...but it does lead to a lot of people arriving at the same time...yesterday it took over twice as long as normal to get to the game
Will become the normal routine if we make it to Wonderland.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Ah - didn't know there was an overflow car park for it. Impression we got from those who were getting out of their cars to speak to the stewards was that they tried to empty the car park from the top down so anyone not in the first few rows was just jammed up. Blimey midnight is late considering the game finished around 21.40 - must have been some irate people by that time.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Finally escaped from the car park around 11pm, shortly after the car horns ceased.
Some geezer was arguing and being abusive with the stewards at the entrance!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As per the above there were probably about 8,000 more people than we've ever had at an evening match.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Before the game Mill Road was nuts.

The A27/23 junction was log jammed.
The sign for M/R being full was up but the other side of the tunnel.
So people had to drive in before finding out they couldn't park.
The buses couldn't get through.
It took over an hour to get from Mill Road to the stadium.

I wonder if the train strike P/R that was at the stables in Poynings would go some way to relieve the pressure at the junction.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

Only comparable one I've come across is Ipswich over the Christmas period last year. There was no public transport and a 28,000ish crowd. Then it took me half an hour to get from the top to the bottom of Coldean Lane and by the time I got under the railway bridge both Bridge and overflow in BACA were full. Stewards told us to park on the access road which was great for leaving which took all of five minutes, making up for being ten minutes late in the first place.

Last night both Bridge and BACA were full which means they filter both to begin with thus slowing down the exit from the Bridge. They'll let ten to fifteen cars out at a time but these are replaced by those pushing out from the eastern and central sides before anything moves from the far end or from the bottom. Took me about 45 minutes to get out last night, but thirty of those were sitting in the car with the engine off waiting for the spaces to open up. Patience is a virtue.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I parked in bridge car park once for a regular evening game and didn't get out that flippin' place until 11.15!!! Despite going straight back to our car after the match. I vowed then never to use it again. Awful!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Only comparable one I've come across is Ipswich over the Christmas period last year. There was no public transport and a 28,000ish crowd. Then it took me half an hour to get from the top to the bottom of Coldean Lane and by the time I got under the railway bridge both Bridge and overflow in BACA were full. Stewards told us to park on the access road which was great for leaving which took all of five minutes, making up for being ten minutes late in the first place.

Last night both Bridge and BACA were full which means they filter both to begin with thus slowing down the exit from the Bridge. They'll let ten to fifteen cars out at a time but these are replaced by those pushing out from the eastern and central sides before anything moves from the far end or from the bottom. Took me about 45 minutes to get out last night, but thirty of those were sitting in the car with the engine off waiting for the spaces to open up. Patience is a virtue.

Oh i remember the Ipswich game ...missed the first 15 mins of the game ...they were a tad unprepared ..but like you i ended up parking on the road/pavement ...i normally just saunter back and similarly just sit there with he engine running and listen to the football on the radio (saturdays)

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
May I recommend Seagull travel? I have tried P & R @ MR, Mithras, Race course plus trains . Yes you have to pay a bit extra but you save on petrol and parking fees at the Bridge. You arrive in good time and after the match you sit in a warm coach or bus and are on your way within 20 minutes of the end of the match. It sure beats queuing for buses trains or the awful exit from Bridge car park.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
May I recommend Seagull travel? I have tried P & R @ MR, Mithras, Race course plus trains . Yes you have to pay a bit extra but you save on petrol and parking fees at the Bridge. You arrive in good time and after the match you sit in a warm coach or bus and are on your way within 20 minutes of the end of the match. It sure beats queuing for buses trains or the awful exit from Bridge car park.

I park a couple of miles away and walk now........useful hour's exercise and no worries about train/bus failures

The sliproad traffic off the A27 to Falmer was awful last night as early as 6pm

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oh i remember the Ipswich game ...missed the first 15 mins of the game ...they were a tad unprepared ..but like you i ended up parking on the road/pavement ...i normally just saunter back and similarly just sit there with he engine running and listen to the football on the radio (saturdays)
You should do what we do and have an early day on football day

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Knowing it was 30K I would have gone for another pint before the M/R park and ride, but my son was on a promise and trying to get away from 10.20 onwards. Next time I see him I'll ask whether it was worthwhile :rolleyes:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

It wasn't that great pre match, I bet loads didn't make it in time for kick off due to the queue.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ah - didn't know there was an overflow car park for it. Impression we got from those who were getting out of their cars to speak to the stewards was that they tried to empty the car park from the top down so anyone not in the first few rows was just jammed up. Blimey midnight is late considering the game finished around 21.40 - must have been some irate people by that time.

We asked one of the stewards. They apparently weren't allowed to let cars go from the moment a decent quantity of people started walking back from the game due to the safety risks. So everyone had to sit still for an hour until the ground was cleared. Apparently they said that comes directly from the club and will continue into the future. I've sent an email complaining and asking for my money back as it was abysmal. You can't make people pay £12 or more for parking and then not let them leave.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here