Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shelvey - That Celebration...

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
As a player there is nothing better than giving the opposing fans a bit of stick whilst celebrating, especially such an important goal. No problems here. Next.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Should be nowhere near this league, as with a couple of their other players.

See the Matt Ritchie pass to realise their quality. I was right behind it sat in the south east corner. It was probably one of the best passes I've seen live at a match, usually you can see or predict where the players could or should pass the ball but I had not even noticed Atsu from the comfort of my seat, let alone with the ball at my feet on the pitch. Hold my hands up that was class and deserved to win any game.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Did he genuinely say that? If so (not suggesting anyone ought to make a fuss, or that anything SHOULD be made of it), were it reported to the FA he'd be facing a long ban, being as he is effectively on remand for the same offence. The FA's law by which he was banned for five matches for what he said to the Wolves player covers nationality as well as race / ethnicity.

It was clear on the TV coverage and was mentioned, in a sort of jokey fashion about words being exchanged... Don't find it acceptable myself, but if the ref didn't hear or see it and clearly Knockaert hasn't said anything then maybe he gets away with it.
Would I have Shelvey n my team? As a player yes, as a personality, no - he is just a slap head version of Barton.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Why was he even being booed? Because he's good? It's like when non league teams play the big boys in the cup and ironically jeer and chant "who are ya?" at the star players. Laughably tinpot.

C

CT1

No complaints here. Love it when Knockart does it. Plus we abused him all game, what did we expect?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
People bang on how he controlled midfield if honest I'm not sure he really had to try. We hardly tackled him all night, something I felt we got wrong. No one at anytime put him on his arse, unlike our play maker who was hit early, within minutes, and guess what? Did sweet FA of note for the rest of the game.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Don't be a pussy, he got stick all night and gave some back. Our lads are massive wind up merchants as well, with opposition fans and players. It's football!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
See the Matt Ritchie pass to realise their quality. I was right behind it sat in the south east corner. It was probably one of the best passes I've seen live at a match, usually you can see or predict where the players could or should pass the ball but I had not even noticed Atsu from the comfort of my seat, let alone with the ball at my feet on the pitch. Hold my hands up that was class and deserved to win any game.

We sit at the other end of it near NW corner - as soon as he hit it we knew Bruno was in trouble..................sensational ball. He was on the radio early saying how much Shelvey has taught him...............

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Why was he even being booed? Because he's good? It's like when non league teams play the big boys in the cup and ironically jeer and chant "who are ya?" at the star players. Laughably tinpot.

He just comes off like an odious prick.

Plus he's funny looking.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think he is a class midfielder, yea he as done and said some bad things (haven't we all?) but he as an unbelievable talent that shines through in every game and gets paid well for it.

As others have said, we have witness AK doing it so fair game.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Should they look into Knockaerts 2-0 sign to Reading fans at the same time for inciting them???

+Sheffield Wednesday away ! Answer is no. All over the top celebrations are part of the game whether by Albion or opposition players. I will only question this view if I ever see an Albion fan on NSC call one of our players a horrible individual for over enthusiastically celebrating a goal.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Christ - modern football summed up in one thread.
Maybe players should be required to nod sagely (only once mind you) and shake the hands of their colleagues when they turn around a game in the last 10 minutes.
FFS. Bring back the 80s sharpish.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
People bang on how he controlled midfield if honest I'm not sure he really had to try. We hardly tackled him all night, something I felt we got wrong. No one at anytime put him on his arse, unlike our play maker who was hit early, within minutes, and guess what? Did sweet FA of note for the rest of the game.

i thought this too,but perhaps it was because his style of play is too difficult to man-mark if your team needs to keep its shape ?

Last edited:

ChazzyBHA

Dec 27, 2011
I never implied that it was out of order, I was just wondering if many on here lost their cool over it!
If I was a pro footballer, of course I would do it! It's all part of it :lolol:

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Horrible individual. The FA should look at him for crowd incitement on that celebration.

I did note a few objects being thrown in his direction, could not tell if those objects were coins or sweets.

From where I was sitting in the NW corner I saw at least 1 coin and a a plastic bottle thrown. None of them made it anywhere near them so I doubt they even noticed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here