Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor Sleep After Mid-week fixtures

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yup. Home for about midnight, and asleep for 1 something. Then up at 6 to do overtime. I'm weary, disheartened and a little riled. Woe betide those who dare cross my path today. Or enter a lift with me and require even the briefest pleasantry. I already want to have a go at someone for a typo in an email I've stumbled across from 2014. It's YOU'RE, not YOUR!!
*self-slap*

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I sleep the sleep of the innocent when we win but if we lose it's as if I've signed a pact with the Devil and Mephistopheles is knocking at my door!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep, every time. Doesn't help with catching a 6am train the next day (usually). If we've been on TV usually end up watching large periods of the recording before I go to bed.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes same after concerts or playing sports in the evening also.

I know don't bother going to bed until about 3 hours after getting home as its just not worth tossing and turning in bed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everytime.

Although sleeping is easier if I resist the temptation to look on here, when I get in.

Had I looked last night I think my head would have exploded and I wouldn't even have got too bed.
Although I would have broken the world record for consecutively writing:-

'You melt'.

Which would have been nice.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
So pleased it's not just me. I was getting so wound up/hot last night (coupled with our new puppy whining) that I went out into the car on the drive at 2am to try and sleep. Gave up after about 20mins.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Yep 100% gaurenteed that I will sleep badly after a midweek match. Also, bizarrely if I had played cricket in the evening I will hardly sleep, however playing football I am perfectly fine. Always found it odd

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I did after last night. Rightly or wrongly I felt very down and I didn't sleep well at all. Eventually got up at 4:30

And as an aside, why does football matter so much?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Yep. It's the stage of the season where I spend FAR too much time thinking about football. Mid 40s ffs. Last year was ridiculous (but exciting).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here