Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it a fluke?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
This is the nub of the issue - we dont know that latter thing for sure - I think instinctively he would have had the spatial awareness to know his position and the goal's position, so his deflection may not have been as utterly random as people are alleging. He definitely shapes his leg as the ball arrives.

Now of course he wants no credit for the goal, it's a total shitshow involving errors by at least 3 players on either side and no pro footballer wants any linking to that given the screamers Diame has made his name for - but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve credit for the speed of his reflexes

'Shapes his leg'.:laugh:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tell me, have you ever played the game at any point since you were 7 years old? Even five a side?

This is the nub of the issue - we dont know that latter thing for sure - I think instinctively he would have had the spatial awareness to know his position and the goal's position, so his deflection may not have been as utterly random as people are alleging. He definitely shapes his leg as the ball arrives.

Now of course he wants no credit for the goal, it's a total shitshow involving errors by at least 3 players on either side and no pro footballer wants any linking to that given the screamers Diame has made his name for - but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve credit for the speed of his reflexes
A simple NO would have done.

For FKS SAKE, what a spanner. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

lol it's an odd hill to die on to defend a tiny piece of skill by an opposition player but I don't mind :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
lol it's an odd hill to die on to defend a tiny piece of skill by an opposition player but I don't mind :lolol:

But it wasn't a tiny piece of skill. If in some parallel universe he actually MEANT to react in 0.01 of a second and execute a perfect spinning reverse-loop chip into the top corner of the goal without moving his foot, then that would have taken a piece of skill the size of BELGIUM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here