Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Was it a fluke?

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Might as well have listed the scorer as Flukey McFlukeface
    ........but there's still some idiot on another thread claiming it was a Stockdale error!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Clearly that's your archetypal continentals innit

The ability to see a ball ping 2 ways and to sort out the angle, slice and speed to get the ball spinning wildly over the despairing keeper and defender on the line. Only the highly intelligent can see what a planned goal it was.

Also the same highly intelligent people who are the only ones who can see how great a leader corbyn is.

I pity those so blind as they cannot see it
      Dislike list

Temporary - East, Dyche, Barton, Boro
      Permanent - Dean, Challis, Moreton, Pardew, Bellotti, Stanley, Archer

3 Not allowed!
      It was a decent payback for the hours that Newcastle spend on the training ground, practising flukey ways to defeat the opposition.
      не съгласявам се!

What if there were no hypothetical questions?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      ........but there's still some idiot on another thread claiming it was a Stockdale error!
      Flapping at the corner was....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bracknell View Post
      It was a decent payback for the hours that Newcastle spend on the training ground, practising flukey ways to defeat the opposition.
      Sky earlier in the day showed 2 goals as NUFC goal highlights... both penalty area ping pong finally falling at the feet of one if their players... so yes, it seems flukes play a part.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      It was clearly a fluke - he's said so now but even fron his immediate reaction you could tell. It was the only way they were going to get that first goal. Stockdale even passed the ball to Gouffran in front of goal and they still mucked that up.

0 Not allowed!
      It was a fluke, he wasn't even looking at the ball. Still you make your own luck I guess it was not unmerited equaliser.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by London Irish View Post
      Yes Atsu comically slices his shot and then it grazes off Murphy's boot. But it looks to me that Diame then angles his foot to direct it goalbound with only a millisecond to react to his teammates' miskicks. So I think this could be a decent bit of technique by Diame
      Nope he admitted on SKY that it was a fluke so nothing to do with technique. He even smiled as he admitted it was just plain lucky.
      Falmer, concrete proof that if you build it they will come

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by London Irish View Post
      Yes Atsu comically slices his shot and then it grazes off Murphy's boot. But it looks to me that Diame then angles his foot to direct it goalbound with only a millisecond to react to his teammates' miskicks. So I think this could be a decent bit of technique by Diame
      Tell me, have you ever played the game at any point since you were 7 years old? Even five a side? I only ask because if you had, you'd appreciate that this sort of thing happens and when you're the one who scores it, you immediately put your hand up to acknowledge a complete fluke. You're just over analysing it and there's really no need - he simply stuck his foot out in the millisecond he had to think about it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
      Objective but passionate

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      Tell me, have you ever played the game at any point since you were 7 years old? Even five a side? I only ask because if you had, you'd appreciate that this sort of thing happens and when you're the one who scores it, you immediately put your hand up to acknowledge a complete fluke. You're just over analysing it and there's really no need - he simply stuck his foot out in the millisecond he had to think about it.
      Yes, that. Very strange post indeed. We might as well start a thread about whether Stockdale deliberately passed the ball to Gouffran, so that he could get his save stats up.
      Stand or Fall