Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can't we just accept we lost to a good team

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Why can't we just accept we lost to a good team,instead of the countless threads on here criticising anybody from the owner to
the manager to the players to the fans.

Sometimes it is just not your day & you need to dust yourself down & move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
That's football. Plenty more games to play.

Would have taken a draw from both R and N before these games so still a point better off.

Though must hope poc is fit. Crucial player in terms on confidence. No disrespect to Tomori.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why can't we just accept we lost to a good team,instead of the countless threads on here criticising anybody from the owner to
the manager to the players to the fans.

Sometimes it is just not your day & you need to dust yourself down & move on.

Yes

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Would have taken a draw from both R and N before these games so still a point better off.

Absolutely this. And on top of that, I would also say that if we had been offered one win and one defeat, I'd've taken the Reading win over a Newcastle win, as I think that has knocked them out of contention for top 2.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
A lot of people have accepted that. It doesn't feel as gut wrenching as some of the results last season that's for sure (Burnley & Derby at home). We still have an advantage and we just need to make sure we go for it. I think we have leaders in the squad to take us over the line.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yes no shame in losing to Newcastle. They shaded the game tonight. At times in the first half we were brilliant.

the equaliser knocked the stuffing out of us. It was tough to take

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Yes no shame in losing to Newcastle. They shaded the game tonight. At times in the first half we were brilliant.

the equaliser knocked the stuffing out of us. It was tough to take

If the Newcastle that turned up at the Amex tonight also turned up at St James park regularly then
they would be out of sight by now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If the Newcastle that turned up at the Amex tonight also turned up at St James park regularly then
they would be out of sight by now.

They have the best away record in the division.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As we didn't go 2-0 up tonight, after Pocognoli was taken from us, what else could we do, once we weren't going to nick a second, became apparent? Our squad got showed up tonight for what it is - lacking one-or-three.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
We are spoilt aren't we. 100 points from last 46 becomes 100 from 47 and suddenly we are complacent, playing the left back that makes Obika look like the best signing we ever made, can't pass a ball, give possession away etc etc.

Let's get real, folks. We lost a game to a £65m outfit. It was unlucky and there are plenty of reasons to be cheerful.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Disagree. Thought we didn't play to our high standards let alone raise our game. That's what I hoped and to some extent expected tonight. That's the disappointment. It's not about criticism. It's just really disappointing.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We didn't lose to a great team. We lost because we couldn't maintain possession. The team shat themselves once they went 1-0 up. The whole team started giving the ball away needlessly. We went to pieces and lost our fluidity. Newcastle are a good team, but we were the makers of our own collapse tonight.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We don't have a God given right to win every game. We've been spoiled over the past few years that we have such a good record. We're gonna lose football matches. If we go up, chances are we'll lose more than we win.

We simply didn't do enough on the night to win. It happens. It doesn't need a post-mortem, it just needs moving on and concentrating on picking up 3 points v Forest, putting pressure on Newcastle to keep the momentum up and Huddersfield to close the gap on the top two.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We don't have a God given right to win every game. We've been spoiled over the past few years that we have such a good record. We're gonna lose football matches. If we go up, chances are we'll lose more than we win.

We simply didn't do enough on the night to win. It happens. It doesn't need a post-mortem, it just needs moving on and concentrating on picking up 3 points v Forest, putting pressure on Newcastle to keep the momentum up and Huddersfield to close the gap on the top two.

Agreed.

Besides, we lost to Newcastle last month.

Time we moved on.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
As suspected at he beginning of season, only two clubs would like see Newcastle in the play-offs.

Post mortem (and this could apply to other games as well), I would like to see us keeping possession more when we are defending a single goal lead. Leicester did it last season by bringing on wingers, not an extra defender.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here