Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early Leavers

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I get that everyone has their own reason for needing to leave early but if you can stay until the 89th minute does it really make too much difference staying until the final whistle 5 minutes later?

Those 6 minutes could make anything from 20-45 minutes extra time waiting for the train, and even more so if you have to change for another train, etc.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What did he do? And before you say "if you'd stayed you'd know" I did stay but didn't see what he did :lolol:

Too late:whistle:

He held his hands aloft as if to say 'where the **** are you going? - we're still in this'

Then motioned for them to come back and got in abit of a hissy fit.

I can tell you, he was facing my stand and the majority of people up off their seats as it hit the net were NOT children before someone conjures up that excuse.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Those 6 minutes could make anything from 20-45 minutes extra time waiting for the train, and even more so if you have to change for another train, etc.

I suppose so but it was just disappointing to see the mass exodus after we conceded. Impossible to tell whether the majority of people who left on 89 would have stayed longer if we hadn't conceded but I'd guess that they would have

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It makes them feel superior.

There were fewer buses at the Racecourse P&R tonight, other P&R were full very early. There were loads of kids ther tonight who have school tomorrow, and mane who have a long way to drive home, but posters on Nsc think they're better fans because they stayed the full 90+4. Give yourselves a medal.

The racecourse one was mental busy tonight. I stayed to the final whistle, then went casually down from the WSU to the East lower concourse, stopped for two pints, and the queue for the P&R was still nearly right down to the stadium even after all that time!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The racecourse one was mental busy tonight. I stayed to the final whistle, then went casually down from the WSU to the East lower concourse, stopped for two pints, and the queue for the P&R was still nearly right down to the stadium even after all that time!

There were problems in that queue as we had no stewards at first, and people were walking up & pushing in. For some reason, there were only three buses running.
There was a massive queue at the Racecourse before the game due to lack of buses.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I got the train to Eastbourne tonight afterwards and got chatting to 2 Chelsea fans, aged about 16, who were both really impressed with Albion & The Amex tonight.............

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Amex is a terrible stadium for transport.

The club still need to sort this out. How on earth are they even considering enlarging the ground?

We need a monorail.
Yep. The club really need to do far better on transport front. Only then will the mass exodus cease.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I went for a wee just after they scored their second and got disapproving looks although all I went for was a wee and came back straight afterwards to see the final minutes and clap the players off as always.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You pays your money you takes your choice.
It's the difference between supports and people who watch football.

Football is changing the whole 'supporter' image into a mindless football consumer. Supporting, Following, Watching, whatever you want to call it, is more and more becoming a subscription fee. It was once just a good day out with your mates or family where you get to escape the seriousness of life for a few hours. Now, football has become more serious than life. It seems success is the only reason you can love your team (look at Arsenal). Fans now can't accept anything other than wins. It tends to result in fans leaving 15 minutes early because they can't function whilst viewing something which isn't winning. This also leads to fans moaning at the early leavers about what time they're leaving. Which then results in fans targeting players like Ashley Barnes, soon to be Oliver Norwood, JFC, as a coping mechanism to stabilise their anger and frustration at the money they'd spent on not getting what they were expecting, a win.

It's not the money which is the problem, it's the people the money brings in.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
I work nights and leave every Tuesday night game with around 5 minutes to go otherwise I would be late for my shift. How many super fan points do I lose for this just out of interest?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It would really annoy me if I was a player. If the fans give up and leave with 5 minutes to go in a top of the table clash when we've just gone behind, then why should the players bother to fight until the death? I'm sure everyone has their reasons, but it is really odd how so many people do it. Do these people leave the cinema 5 minutes before the end of the film?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't blame transport it was very good tonight. Stayed till whistle in WSU, managed to get on an earlier train than normal and was back in Worthing at 22.40 ish. I accept some people have reasons for a quick getaway but not as many that did...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
7 mins were played after the Toon goal, the stands at FT were like we'd lost 4-1 and the game was totally lost. What sort of message to the players?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It is disappointing but it's connected to the elephant in the room at the Amex that the transport infrastructure remains a huge problem, and leaving early is one way of dealing with that problem.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can't blame transport it was very good tonight. Stayed till whistle in WSU, managed to get on an earlier train than normal and was back in Worthing at 22.40 ish. I accept some people have reasons for a quick getaway but not as many that did...

The trains might have been ok, but the buses weren't. There where problems with the P&R buses.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I left on 90 minutes, I'm on crutches though and a lot of Albion fans are rude pricks and just walk into you, so I thought I'd try and make a move before the exodus.......didn't work though!
I apologise for this and hopefully by the next home game I'll have 2 legs again

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

We weren't let out of Car Park B until 10.45pm last night. We were there an hour. The transport system was an embarrassment last night.

Anyway, we left early. We always do. Mainly because we live miles away and if we get out a few minutes earlier, it usually saves us time getting out. Last night we left early and were there later than we've ever been. To those that think people like myself care less, I say bollocks to you. My groups of mates/family and I have to travel further than most people in the stadium to see Brighton I'd imagine, meaning we have to put in more effort to come and see the Albion week in week out. If some person that lives 20 minutes on a train gets all uppetty about us leaving 3-4 minutes early so that our hour plus drive doesn't become 2-3 hours (as it did last night due to Car Park B) then, quite frankly, that person is an ass.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It would really annoy me if I was a player. If the fans give up and leave with 5 minutes to go in a top of the table clash when we've just gone behind, then why should the players bother to fight until the death? I'm sure everyone has their reasons, but it is really odd how so many people do it. Do these people leave the cinema 5 minutes before the end of the film?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's bollocks. Most on here have probably played football casually or for a competitive team, and most wouldn't have had to have 30,000 fans watching them to get them motivated, they'd get motivated by their love of their game and their pride and desire not to lose. If our players need all of us there all of the time in order to feel motivated, then that is a ridiculously poor reflection of them and shows how out of touch they are with the fans that make such an effort to get to games to watch them play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here