Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Leavers

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uh_huh_him View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The atmosphere was excellent tonight. The fans more than did their bit to be the twelfth man.

For Glenn to be dismissive of the few that left when the second went in is a tad harsh. IMO

We put more effort in than Murray FFS!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Yes Chef View Post
      The City game as a contest was long over. Ours was a sulky reaction to conceding a goal to title rivals.
      It wasn't, most people I know who leave at 87 or 88 minutes have a genuine reason like work, distance or children. Ultimately it's fine, i don't understand the "time Police" on here calling people out as proper fans and if you did strop off when the Toon got the winner, so what, thanks for the ticket money.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      It is disappointing but it's connected to the elephant in the room at the Amex that the transport infrastructure remains a huge problem, and leaving early is one way of dealing with that problem.
      Spot on El Pres.

Sadly there appears to be no will on the part of the club to improve the transport infrastructure. What it needs if for Barber to take the train from Littlehampton, or Bognor, or Seaford and experience for himself the long kettling queues, the crammed trains, the long queues at Brighton etc etc and do the return journey too when you have to be up and at it early the next day for work. Would it make any difference? Probably not as he can just jump in his limo with his priority car parking space for the next game.

I would also suggest that having so many games moved from Saturday 3pm just compounds the situation.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
      It doesn't though. Not to the extent that it happens at the Amex, anyway. Whether that is because of the demographic of our support or the transport, or a bit of both, it seems to be worse than anywhere else for it.

It would really annoy me if I was a player and when I was fighting desperately to get an equalise in the last minute, half the fans were streaming out of the ground. Not exactly #together, is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I don't know if it is worse than all other grounds as I only go to BHAFC matches. Having said that, the transport infrastructure at the Amex is significantly worse than away grounds I have visited.

If I could stay to applaud the players, walk down to the station and get a train in 5/10 minutes (a 4 carriage train on Tuesday), get to Brighton with a West Coastway connection ready and waiting (15 minute wait and another four carriage train) and get home at a reasonable hour, I would love to do so.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rippleman View Post
      I don't know if it is worse than all other grounds as I only go to BHAFC matches. Having said that, the transport infrastructure at the Amex is significantly worse than away grounds I have visited.

If I could stay to applaud the players, walk down to the station and get a train in 5/10 minutes (a 4 carriage train on Tuesday), get to Brighton with a West Coastway connection ready and waiting (15 minute wait and another four carriage train) and get home at a reasonable hour, I would love to do so.
      Yep, what is so hard to understand about that. You are clearly not a proper fan, probably a hanger on or plastic supporter.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by smeg View Post
      It wasn't, most people I know who leave at 87 or 88 minutes have a genuine reason like work, distance or children. Ultimately it's fine, i don't understand the "time Police" on here calling people out as proper fans and if you did strop off when the Toon got the winner, so what, thanks for the ticket money.
      There are a lot of hypocrites posting on this thread, and I'm not referring to you.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain

1 Not allowed!
      I can understand why people leave early on the midweek days, especially if they have connections to make at brighton or lewes. I actually thought things worked ok on tuesday night. I arrived at brighton station around 6.40ish, the queue for the train had reached the gate at the station entrance, so I was much further back than usual. Annoyingly the 6.51 was delayed until 7 so the queue did not move for nearly 20 minutes. That said the queue was patient and there was good singing from both sets of supporters and did not hear many geordies moaning their heads off unlike some other less tolerant away fans. Eventully the 6.51 and 59 departed without me. I wasn't panicing as the 09, 19, 23 and 32 would still get me there before kick off. Got the 19 and arrive din plenty of time. The fans were patient, the staff loaded the trains to capacity and there were few empty seats at kick off, pretty good job all round for a 30,000 crowd.

After the game, had a couple of pints left at 10.25 walked straight on to a train back in the Albert by 10.45 no problems. I was expecting the trains to be a nightmare but for me they were ok. I really do not think the infrastructure is that bad. It just seems that way as the train station is literally at the stadium. Compared to Upton Park, Arsenal, Spurs etc it's fine. At places like Preston it's a 30 minute walk.

If you are expecting to get away instantly then you will be disappointed but if you factor in around 30-45 minutes you should be fine.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      Nor me, and I stayed.
      ditto

1 Not allowed!
      I don't begrudge anyone leaving early, they all have their reasons. I know I'll have a four hour drive ahead of me regardless of what time I leave the stadium, so I try and savour every moment whilst I'm there. In some ways the early leavers makes it a smoother departure for us staying until the players leave the field, as it's not such a crush getting out.

I guess what I'm saying is each to their own.
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....
      Objective but passionate

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      There are a lot of hypocrites posting on this thread, and I'm not referring to you.
      Indeed. Same thing applies to any STH who moan about empty seats and 'pretendances' without a hint of irony, not grasping that if they miss TWO games a season, that they ARE the missing 10%.
      Stand or Fall