Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Leavers

Members

0 Not allowed!
    People choose to leave early for whatever reasons, but I do find it irritating when people arrive 5 minutes after the game has kicked off.
    The very same people leave 7 minutes or so before the interval and return 5 minutes or so into the 2nd half.
    Massive game last night, if some people cannot buy into that then they never will.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Can be. Although I've often still managed to get to games by 7.30pm having finished work near Heathrow at 5.30pm - even on a Friday. And afterwards?
      I have no comment to make on afterwards, but it does *irritate* me when posters suggest it is easy *just* to get there earlier.

4 Not allowed!
      Not everyone has to be as avid as those who remain. I stay until the end, but each to their own, and I doubt the players are counting the number of empty seats that suddenly appear and feel rejected or dismayed. If they are, they should be released, and made to queue up in a packed line to board a train and go home miserably.
      Milk, milk, lemonade
      Round the corner chocolate's made

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      IF we only had early leavers due to defeats, then there is an argument to be had.

However, we have early leavers win, lose or draw. I didn't think there was any more significant early leaving last night than there was against Reading, or other games?

If anything, more people had stayed than they normally do, and when the winner went in, they left together rather than in dribs and drabs like normal home games.

Bumper crowd too. Reckon if we'd still been 1-0 there would have been similar numbers making for the exists. Been the same for 5 years.
      Presumably this shows then that a lot of them don't HAVE to leave early, despite their claims otherwise. When it suits them, they'll stay an extra 5 or 10 minutes.

0 Not allowed!
      Even from a logistical issue, I just DON'T get it.

When everyone leaves early, I would be even more convinced to stay to the end, clap the team off and then catch the train/bus without the rush of thousands of people leaving at the same time.

Odd.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Grimble View Post
      I reckon you are one of the most predictable users on this board
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Personally I think people can do what they like, what is wrong with it, there must be a reason. It's ridiculous complaining about people arriving late and leaving early when you don't even know their circumstances.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
      I have no comment to make on afterwards, but it does *irritate* me when posters suggest it is easy *just* to get there earlier.
      Understand and not a pop at you. Clearly there are people who have genuine reasons for finding it hard to arrive early and genuine reasons for having to get away early. But on Saturday, I doubt that accounted for a good 2/3 of the ESL.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
      Presumably this shows then that a lot of them don't HAVE to leave early, despite their claims otherwise. When it suits them, they'll stay an extra 5 or 10 minutes.
      I'm not saying I get it, understand it, or ever leave before the final whistle myself, all I'm saying is that the early leavers do it week in week out whether there is a last min winner against us or not.

Of course leaving early is to suit the person leaving, it is their decision, I'm just saying it's not like it only happens when we lose or something bad happens.
      Flitting between the county league and mates rates at the amex!

2 Not allowed!
      When Newcastle scored the 2nd quite a few left,gave the away fans quite a buzz! On the plus side only one boyfriend chant all game
      Do you think you are ill?
      Do your family think you are ill?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      [QUOTE=Commander;7823703]People don't get up and leave the cinema or the theatre with five minutes to go, so why the football?

in my case, quite simply because everyone else does. If we ALL stayed to the end, so would I. I don't particularly like leaving the stadium half full when the team could do with a lift having just conceded but if I don't, it will take another nearly an hour longer to get home. As it is, I got home near Bristol at 1230, leaving at FT means a lot longer queue for bus, and longer to negotiate the roadworks on M4 because they start to implement the lane closure between 10 & 11.

A little understanding at least for those of us who support the Albion from a long way would be appreciated.