Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early Leavers

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Putting my three penny worth in, I think there was a feeling of dejavu when they scored the second and that is why people got up and left.

Certainly as I was walking out 10 minutes afterwards, there was a lot of muttering about us being here before..presumably referring to our record in the play offs. Not white middle class people, but mostly the normal average football supporting fan.

Personally I came away full of disappointment and I was perplexed how rubbish we played in the second half...as good as Newcastle were, we just couldn't pass and fecked about at the back by Duffy and stockers. Maybe that is why people up and left?

For 70 minutes the Albion were out fought and out passed, with it seemed relentless NUFC attacks and pinball in the Albion box. Nothing was done to address that one-sided flow. Almost inevitable that they found the back of Stockdale's goal in the end.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Why does it bother some people so much? Don't understand.

I think it's because each club likes to think they have the best fans in the world. People leaving early tends to suggest quite the opposite.

I also think a lot of people actually feel slightly embarrassed about it all, both those that stay for the whole game and those that leave before the end.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I had an early start the next day.

It was fairly obvious that we weren't going to score again.

I don't believe that me leaving affects the players performance on the pitch.

I was already grumpy at the scoreline and didn't want to watch 2,200 away fans and players celebrating.

Those were my reasons yesterday FWIW.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
There's a simple answer to this. Stewards keep the doors locked until the final whistle.

You want to leave early, you pay £5 to get out.

A revenue-raiser AND improves the atmosphere. Win-win. (You're welcome Mr Barber).

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I sometimes go a bit early and I sometimes stay just depends on my circumstance everyone has there reason s for what they do in an ideal world everyone would stay till the death come out and be home in half an hour but thats not reality.i ve left at 20mins from the end butbthats because I have people lives on the line im going off to try and help and someone probably thinks who s that early leaver.but least ive supported my team the best I can if you pay your money you can do what you want.No one has any right to say anything.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's a simple answer to this. Stewards keep the doors locked until the final whistle.

You want to leave early, you pay £5 to get out.

A revenue-raiser AND improves the atmosphere. Win-win. (You're welcome Mr Barber).

I'd throw in "Early Leaver" branding to the forehead as well.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I always stay on a Saturday as loads of time to get home. Midweek games, I do 'leg it' on 90 minutes to catch one of first round of park&ride otherwise won't get home till midnight. Easy answer... play football matches on a Saturday

Many people can't make it at all mid-week let let alone leave early.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If a football match lasted 70 minutes people would still bugger off at 60 minutes , just the way it is , and the same can be said for pretty much every football ground in the country , next time Newcastle are on the box at home ,spot the geordie at 85 mins .

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It doesn't bother me if people leave early at games. I just wish they would choose their moment with more consideration. Towards the end of the Reading game a couple of blokes chose to walk slowly past (in front of) me as we were on the attack !

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If a football match lasted 70 minutes people would still bugger off at 60 minutes , just the way it is , and the same can be said for pretty much every football ground in the country , next time Newcastle are on the box at home ,spot the geordie at 85 mins .
The Etihad was 50% emptied at 90 mins last night...

What bad and ungrateful fans not waiting to cheer their heroes off after a 5-1 victory...?

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I'm going to forest on Saturday and have to catch the 5.32 train back to London, think I might have to be standing on the stairway when the final whistle blows, can't stand leaving early, for might miss something��

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Im sure its been mentioned in this thread already . But leave on 85 minutes at an evening game and you can be back in Brighton by 10pm . Leave on the final whistle and you might not be back until 11.30 pm . Late if you have to be at work the next day . The problem is the transport not the fans and the lack of Saturday 3pm starts when people will happilt stay for a pint afterwards and take their time .

Its a real shame . Hopefully less games next year and more at weekends as well .

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The City game as a contest was long over. Ours was a sulky reaction to conceding a goal to title rivals.
Sorry, yes, you are right. All sulky snowflakes.

I didn't leave early Tuesday as I went by Coach.
Had I had been on the Trains I would have left early and joined in with The Charge of The Light Brigade down to the station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here