Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early Leavers

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Even worse when I see people leaving at 75 minutes. Really is ridiculous. What is the point in going to a football match if you leave 20 minutes before the final whistle in a massive top of the table clash.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Even worse when I see people leaving at 75 minutes. Really is ridiculous. What is the point in going to a football match if you leave 20 minutes before the final whistle in a massive top of the table clash.

Nature's way of identifying those who will be first off the good ship Albion if it ever starts to sink?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
You could tell it got to him. Can't blame him though. Anyone who left after we went 2-1 down shouldn't bother coming at all, they obviously have more important places to be

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Much less than usual leaving early. At 80 there's usually an exodus. I think those people stayed until 89 and then twice as many went. No different from any other evening game except a few stayed longer. Will always happen, especially at an Amex in the evening.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Probably happens to every ground in the top 2 divisions.

Not many grounds have players of your club shrugging and ushering you back into your seats though.

The tragic thing is they didn't even see him, as they were with their backs turned furiously trying to clamber down the concourse steps to catch the one and only train from Falmer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Much less than usual leaving early. At 80 there's usually an exodus. I think those people stayed until 89 and then twice as many went. No different from any other evening game except a few stayed longer. Will always happen, especially at an Amex in the evening.

Absolutely right - way fewer early leavers tonight than usual. Ground was still pretty full on 88 mins.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nature's way of identifying those who will be first off the good ship Albion if it ever starts to sink?

I have been on the ship for 48 years. Saw 98% of our home games at Pissfilled (as did you, no doubt). I left tonight at 86 minutes, as I often do, for reasons that are mine. I don't answer to you, and will sashay to my seat in a pink leatherette tutu if I feel like it. I don't mind having the piss ripped by people around me, during the game, for my idiosyncratic movements in and out of the ground, but I am bemused as to why it matters to strangers, hours after. I wasn't responsible for the defeat. Cheer up. And talk of Albion sinking is defeatism. I think that what I'm trying to say is..... sod off. :wrong::kiss:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The atmosphere was excellent tonight. The fans more than did their bit to be the twelfth man.

For Glenn to be dismissive of the few that left when the second went in is a tad harsh. IMO

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I don't think the issue here is with early leavers in general but the amount of people who got up and left as soon as Newcastle scored their second rather than staying to support the team. Was really quite embarrassing to watch.

I get that everyone has their own reason for needing to leave early but if you can stay until the 89th minute does it really make too much difference staying until the final whistle 5 minutes later?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why does it bother some people so much? Don't understand.

It makes them feel superior.

There were fewer buses at the Racecourse P&R tonight, other P&R were full very early. There were loads of kids ther tonight who have school tomorrow, and mane who have a long way to drive home, but posters on Nsc think they're better fans because they stayed the full 90+4. Give yourselves a medal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here