Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early Leavers

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The early leavers made the right choice as we didn't even get close to creating a chance after their second went in.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
In fairness it's none of anyone's Buisness why anyone leaves early... Do I ? No.... Do I think it's right ? No...

Last night I thought we actually did not look like we would get back in the game, the omens were there for all to see after the fluke equaliser, I knew Newcastle would go on and win it, too many sloppy passes it really knocked the stuffing out of us, and to top it all we had to listen to those northern monkeys getting excited about beating a team they should be beating and going top of a league they should be pissing. So if you take that into account I can understand why people did.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
First time last night I had a go at a few people for leaving early and for those who didn't but just left without clapping the team off the pitch really pissed me off more compared to other times it's happened.

I get that people have to leave early sometimes, especially those with young kids, but it was the manner in which people left right after the second Toon goal went in that got me wound up and the effect that must have on the players who've worked their socks off the the night and so you can understand Murrays annoyance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
First time last night I had a go at a few people for leaving early and for those who didn't but just left without clapping the team off the pitch really pissed me off more compared to other times it's happened.

I get that people have to leave early sometimes, especially those with young kids, but it was the manner in which people left right after the second Toon goal went in that got me wound up and the effect that must have on the players who've worked their socks off the the night and so you can understand Murrays annoyance.

I really don't think it's a good idea to be having a go at strangers. I hope you knew them.

So if people stay to the end of the game Is there a minimum number of claps that make them a real supporter? Or is it a minimum length of time clapping you accept?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
TBH, i never notice, i'm focusing on what happening on the pitch, are people looking around them and into the other stands instead of watching the football themselves?
Bit of irony there.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I really don't think it's a good idea to be having a go at strangers. I hope you knew them.

So if people stay to the end of the game Is there a minimum number of claps that make them a real supporter? Or is it a minimum length of time clapping you accept?

Grow up

cybrooksy

Oct 1, 2013
Uckfield
This is it, exactly. Too many supporters, sitting down expecting to be entertained. Not enough fans, who will get on their feet and follow their team through thick and thin. The demographics at the Amex would also terrify me if I was involved in long term planning at the club. #Old #White #Middle Class #Fickle

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Slightly O/T, but isn't arriving late as bad?

The Amex should be a cauldron prior to the players coming out, not as they are warming up.

Same after half-time. It's all very well people moaning about early leavers, but for me a bigger impact in terms of atmosphere is made prior to kick off.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Slightly O/T, but isn't arriving late as bad?

The Amex should be a cauldron prior to the players coming out, not as they are warming up.

Same after half-time. It's all very well people moaning about early leavers, but for me a bigger impact in terms of atmosphere is made prior to kick off.

Blame Southern Fail.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
That's bollocks. Most on here have probably played football casually or for a competitive team, and most wouldn't have had to have 30,000 fans watching them to get them motivated, they'd get motivated by their love of their game and their pride and desire not to lose. If our players need all of us there all of the time in order to feel motivated, then that is a ridiculously poor reflection of them and shows how out of touch they are with the fans that make such an effort to get to games to watch them play.

No it isn't. Of course the players should be motivated without us, but top-level sport is won or lost on very fine margins. That extra 1% makes the difference. I don't see how we can expect the players to give absolutely everything they have for us, if the fans give up and go home when we start losing with five minutes to go. It clearly does bother the players, judging by Murray's reaction.

I just don't understand it. I used to live in North London and never left an evening game early. If you give up your evening for the football I don't see what difference 45 minutes makes, if that's how much longer staying an extra 2 minutes adds. Football is he best sport in the world because of last minute goals and late drama. It's really odd that thousands of people seem to be prepared to miss this for the sake of getting home a few minutes early.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Apart from once when seriously ill I have never left a game early or left the action before the first half has finished nor missed the start of play in the second half . Cannot understand early leavers except in extreme circumstance . So many incidents over the years would have been missed . Maybe one factor is the fact that highlights are now so readily available which was not the case back in the day . It must be sad for the players to look up at an exodus and not at all inspiring .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is it, exactly. Too many supporters, sitting down expecting to be entertained. Not enough fans, who will get on their feet and follow their team through thick and thin. The demographics at the Amex would also terrify me if I was involved in long term planning at the club. #Old #White #Middle Class #Fickle

Patronising ****.

I am old, white middle class, and have supported this club putting my hard earned money into this club I love for 43 years. I have never left early so take your prejudices and shove them

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Maybe when we go 2-1 down in the biggest game of the season with stoppage time to save the game, the players should just give up and walk off. Seems to be an acceptable attitude

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here