Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings - Newcastle (H)

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Deary me. Apart from breaking our transfer record and rejecting massive offers for three players, risking at least one of those just walking away for nothing. He's probably ploughed about £200m in now. Not exactly playing it safe is he?

Yes we all know about the £200M and that is where we are in a great position but breaking our transfer record is not really anything to cream our pants over is it? Rejecting offers as I said will be catastrophic if we don't go up because all those players and then some will be gone fact!

Stockdale 5 two very poor errors - the second started our collapse
Bruno 6 linked well but fatally stood off the winger and allowed him to pick his man for winner
Duffy 6 mostly strong but the odd rick
Dunk 6 same as Duffy
Pog 6 shame was looking tidy
Knocky 7 looked good but the crossing not his usual quality
Stephens 6 same as Duffy
Sidwell 7 excellent break-up play
Murphy 6 fizzled out
Baldock 7 worried their back 4 with his runs
Murray 6 won the penalty but lay-offs too sloppy at times

Tomori 7 very promising
Kayal 6 good to see him throw himself into 50-50s
March N/A no time

Hughton 7 unlucky that his game plan unraveled thanks to errors from his stalwart players, deserved better. Don't think the subs affected much good or bad

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I don't want to knock Tony but he has hardly busted the bank this season and if we fail again it will be catastrophic for us!

Last season we lost £25m if we lose the same this season & don't go up we will
be in breach of FFP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Yes we all know about the £200M and that is where we are in a great position but breaking our transfer record is not really anything to cream our pants over is it? Rejecting offers as I said will be catastrophic if we don't go up because all those players and then some will be gone fact!

He's bankrolled the whole project. This year he's upped the wage bill and refused to cash in when many chairman would have taken the money. He's nearly doubled our transfer record and broken the previous record again since. He's also secured long term future revenue through the Lancing development. Then there is FFP.

What exactly do you want the man to do? I suggest you go support Man City

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stocko - 8 MOM
Bruno - 6
Duffy - 6
Dunk - 7
Tomori - 5/6 FH/SH

Murphy - 6
Stephens - 4
Sidwell - 8 MOM
Knocky. - 5

Muzza - 5
Bladock- 5

The thing is, most of the oppos would get 7-9 from me. Their keeper was excellent. We played a little too deep in second half, and choked a bit, as evidenced by the dodgy passing in our own half. Agree that Murray for Hemed would have been my first subtitution, and if Kayal isn't ready to start I wouldn't bring him on.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
From WSU ... 6 is average

Stockdale - 7 - a couple of great saves. Marked down a point for that error
Bruno - 6- made mistake for second but it was a brilliant ball...
Poco - 6/Tomori - 6- looked massively out of place but really grew into the game
Duffy - 6.5- a strangely off night but still one of teh better players, should have intercepted pass for second goal
Dunk - 8 - the pick of our defence. Countless interceptions and great passing
Stephens - 6.5 - with forwards not doing much he was left to do a lot of work and struggled
Sidwell - 8 - MOTM
Murphy - 5.5- Second half was anonymous
Knockaert - 6 - he needs to learn when to release the ball if he really is to be our genius
Murray - 6.5 - put a lot into teh game but looked absolutely knackered and should have been subbed at 70 mins Spent too much time fouling palyers at end of game and wasting time
Baldock - 5.5- back to his old self... not acting like a striker who has scored 3 goals in 2 games. NEEDS to be in teh BOX and moving towards the goal to be effective

Kayal - 6.5- thought he looked pretty competitive and fit....

Hughton - 4 - Substitutions needed to be made at 70 mins because it clearly was not going too well. Hemed should have been on to push for a second

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
He's bankrolled the whole project. This year he's upped the wage bill and refused to cash in when many chairman would have taken the money. He's nearly doubled our transfer record and broken the previous record again since. He's also secured long term future revenue through the Lancing development. Then there is FFP.

What exactly do you want the man to do? I suggest you go support Man City

Your missing my point all I am saying is Tony has done a fantastic job and has financed it to his limit but the guy isn't a bottom less pit is he?
We need to go up so he can recoup some of his stake all I'm saying is that if we fail it will be catastrophic for the club and if we succeed I'm not sure Tony has the funds to sustain it but we will see!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Your missing my point all I am saying is Tony has done a fantastic job and has financed it to his limit but the guy isn't a bottom less pit is he? We need to go up so he can recoup
some of his stake all I'm saying is that if we fail it will be catastrophic for the club and if we succeed I'm not sure Tony has the funds to sustain it but we will see!

What makes you doubt he has the funds? Don't you understand that the rules changed several years ago and he can't just bankroll it through investment?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

Aston Villa spent £50m on the last day of the
Summer transfer window & probably another £20m in January.

How far has that got them

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale - 6.5 - couple of great saves but not at the top of his game tonight. Lucky to avoid gaffe of the season
Bruno - 6.5 - at fault for the second goal
Dunk - 7.5 - mostly imperious
Duffy - 6 - brilliant in the air but lost his man for the 2nd and a few scary moments on the ball
Pognog - 6.5 - looked solid until injured
Stephens - 6 - gave the ball away far too often
Sidwell - 7.5- mostly very solid, again
Knockaert - 6 - not his night, too selfish, too often tried to beat too many players
Murphy - 7.5 - great first half, faded badly
Baldock - 7 - as usual ran the channels really well
Murray - 7 - good hold up play, good pen

Tomori - 7.5 - nervous start but good second half
Kayal - 5 - didn't get into the game
March - N/A - not sure he touched the ball

CH - 6 - unfortunate to be undone by their hugely flukey equaliser as was putting Kayal on to shore up the midfield to take the 1-0 at the time. Perhaps should have been more attacking.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

Tony Bloom is a very very very wealth man.
He has the funds to take us to the next level
If we get there.One of the reasons he is so wealthy is because he makes good decisions
On who runs his businesses

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Stockdale 6- Some good saves but the pass to Gouffran was criminal. A half-decent striker would've made him pay.

Bruno 6- some decent stuff, some sloppy stuff. Out of position for the second.

Duffy 6.5- made some good blocks and challenges but dithered a bit. Another that could've done better for the second.

Dunk 7- As Duffy but with fewer errors

Tomori 6- coped well after a tough start. Not much on offer going forward but can't blame such an inexperienced player for trying to play it safe.

Knockaert 5- totally nullified, they knew exactly how to deal with him.

Stephens 5.5- failed to take control of the game as Shelvey did. Plenty of wayward passes.

Sidwell 6.5- got stuck in and had a decent game. Some sloppy passing as well though, particularly the one he sliced back to nobody.

Murphy- 6.5- very good first half, very quiet second.

Murray 5- Looks absolutely knackered, should've been taken off after 65. Worrying run of form.

Baldock 6- Hustled and bustled as ever with little reward. Kept the pressure on the defence though and once he was off, they had free reign to launch hopeful balls forward like the one that got through.

Kayal- pointless sub
March- n/a

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here