Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings - Newcastle (H)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stockdale - 7 - a couple of great saves. Marked down a point for that error
Bruno - 5 - oh dear Saltor. Dived in unnecessarily to concede the corner that led to the jammy goal, then misjudged the flight of the ball for the pass that led to the second. Just ran out of gas
Poco - 6/Tomori - 7 - looked massively out of place but really grew into the game
Duffy - 7 - a strangely off night. Another who tired
Dunk - 8 - the pick of our defence. Countless interceptions and great passing
Stephens - 7 - as with so many, tired after playing well
Sidwell - 8 - MOTM won the battle of the ginger ninjas
Murphy - 7 - really helped tomori grow into the game. Some incicive runs, little end product
Knockaert - 6 - nothing worked tonight
Murray - 5 - a rare occasion where his touch largely failed him
baldock - 6 - a handful again

Kayal - 4 - offered literally nothing. At least look like you can be arsed
March - N/A

Hughton - 4 - allowed the team to sit too deep. Made the wrong substitution. Baldock should have stayed on. I would have taken off Murray for hemed

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Stockdale - 8 - Made some great saves but marked down for the silly kick and poor punch that led to the first goal
Bruno - 8 - I thought Bruno was immense all game. Yes he maybe could have done better with the long ball for their winner but how many times did Dunk, Tomori and Duffy **** up and get away with it. I know you may say that that didn't lead to a goal but that is more down to fate rather than a bad performance.
Poco - 7 - Poco looked ok before going off. Linked up well with Murphy
Tomori - 2 - First half / 7 Second Half - Looked nervous as **** in the first half and didn't know what to do. Calmed in the second and didn't do much wrong
Duffy - 7 - Defensively great, ****ed around to much with his passing at the back
Dunk - 8 - Solid.
Stephens - 6 - Gave the ball away too many times often in dangerous positions. Shelvey made him look poor in comparison.
Sidwell - 7 - Strong and worked hard but didn't dominate like normal.
Murphy - 7 - Much better in first half and had them tied up in knots. Did little in the second.
Knockaert - 5 - Very poor. Made bad decisions and seemed to be determined to beat his player 3 or 4 times rather than once and shoot/cross. Frustrating as he can be so good but still love him
Murray - 4 - Barely won a header and was bullied for most of the game. Excellent penalty
Baldock - 6 - Worked hard but little came off for him. Another one that often took one touch too many.

Kayal - 4 - Didn't really notice that he had come on. Bizarre sub.
March - N/A

Hughton - 6 - Was too defensive once they scored and probably waited too long to make a change before they did. Still the best manager in the league when you consider the players Rafa has at his disposal.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Stocker - 7 - A few superb moments outweighed a few dodgy ones
Bruno - 7 - Solid yet again but struggled to impose himself at times
Duffy - 6 - Not at his best but nobody was tonight
Dunk - 7 - See above
Pocognoli - N/A Not on long enough but done well when he was on
Tomori - 6 - Poor in 1st half but much improve in 2nd
Murphy - 7 - Made some good runs but sometimes doesn't read the game so well
Stephens - 7 - Solid enough and unlucky not to score
Sidwell - 8 - Good game and has real heart in the midfield MoM
Knockaert - 6.5 - A creative outlet but on one occasion was too selfish in a move where he should have passed instead of shooting
Baldock - 8 - Caused major problems at times and worked tirelessly
Murray - 6.5 - Despite scoring he did not impose himself in open play and didn't cover himself in glory defensively either

March - N/A
Kayal - 5 - Again not influential enough when coming on

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Stocko - 8
Bruno -7
Duffy -7
Dunk - 7
Pog. 7 / Tomori 7

Murphy - 7
Stephens - 6
Sidwell - 8.5 MOM
Knocky. - 6

Muzza - 6.5
Bladock- 6

Kayal - 5.5
March - n/a

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I hope Stephens realises that should he get his wish of PL football this summer, he's going to have to raise his standard somewhat, didn't think he got close to Shelvey's level tonight at any stage yet he's been one of our best players for last two seasons.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Stockdale 8.5 MOTM He made a couple of mistakes but also some blinding saves
Bruno 7 Did well in the first half but the pressure told
Duffy 8 If it's in the air he'll put his head on it
Dunk 7 Tough game for him and Duffy
Pocognoli 6 Did ok, but not on long enough to get a higher score
Stephens 6.5 couple of shakey moments but did ok overall
Sidwell 7 Worked hard
Knocky 5 Flattered to deceive. Think March should have come on earlier
Murphy 7 Great first half but had to defend a lot more once Pocognoli went off
Baldock 6 worked hard and looked a threat
Murray 7 Tough night for him. I haven't seen the highlights or replays but it looked like he had a good shout for a second penalty.

Tomori 6.5 ok. Hard as he was out of position and very inexperienced. Managed to quiet down Atsu though.
March.... not on long enough to make a difference, would have liked to have seen him on earlier.
Kayal 5 Wrong choice by CH

Overall I think we did ok against a decent side who should definitely win this league. Colback, Shelvey and Ritchie looked good.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale 8
Bruno 7
Pocgomoli 6
Duffy 5 - thought he was sloppy and got sucked in on their winner
Dunk 7
Murphy 7
Stephens 5
Sidwell 6
Knockaert 5
Baldock 6
Murray 5

Tomori 6
Kayal n/a
March n/a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Stockdale 6 - giving away unnecessary corner leading to equaliser and then the team as a whole looked beaten
Bruno 7
Duffy 8 Motm
Dunk 8
Pocognoli 7
Knockaert 7
Stephens 8
Sidwell 7.5
Murphy 7
Baldock 7
Murray 5 -Please start hemed from now on. Sluggish. Unnecessary fouls. Why spend 3m on him?!?

Tomori 7
Kayal 5
March 6

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I hope Stephens realises that should he get his wish of PL football this summer, he's going to have to raise his standard somewhat, didn't think he got close to Shelvey's level tonight at any stage yet he's been one of our best players for last two seasons.

Yes there are too many times when he goes missing. He's just a little to lackadaisical at times. Normally better than tonight though.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Good 1st half faded second, sat on a 1 goal lead and paid the price!

My biggest concern with Hughton. IF we go up I'd be very concerned about him consistently making this mistake time and time again like he did at Norwich

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
My biggest concern with Hughton. IF we go up I'd be very concerned about him consistently making this mistake time and time again like he did at Norwich

Before tonight we had won 18 out of 18 where we had gone a goal up. Fair to say the tactics normally work.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

My bigger concern if we go up is the finances as Poyet said we have reached the ceiling didn't agree at the time but I am starting to see his point! We will not be able to afford the wage bill that the Premier League commands!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Before tonight we had won 18 out of 18 where we had gone a goal up. Fair to say the tactics normally work.

That's a fair point, but it didn't work for him at Norwich against better sides and it didn't work for us tonight against what is essentially a premier league squad

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Hughton plays the percentage game it normally works but it did fail last season hopefully it will be enough to see us over the line this with a superior goal difference!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
My bigger concern if we go up is the finances as Poyet said we have reached the ceiling didn't agree at the time but I am starting to see his point! We will not be able to afford the wage bill that the Premier League commands!

Nah. We'll get massive tv revenue. Tony will slowly sort it

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I don't want to knock Tony but he has hardly busted the bank this season and if we fail again it will be catastrophic for us!

Deary me. Apart from breaking our transfer record and rejecting massive offers for three players, risking at least one of those just walking away for nothing. He's probably ploughed about £200m in now. Not exactly playing it safe is he?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I don't want to knock Tony but he has hardly busted the bank this season and if we fail again it will be catastrophic for us!

Sorry in what world has Tony 'hardly busted the bank this season'. I just don't believe your attitude. God if my kids were that ungrateful I would give them a good talking to.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

Let's get there first before we worry about our shortcomings because let's face it if we reach the promised land we will have many

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here