Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stss30 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We could have gone 4 points clear at the top and 9 clear of 3rd. That is a huge difference. Maybe not 'season changing' but could have a massive impact if it turns out like last season in the last couple of games...
    Unfortunately until May 7th every game that Brighton, Newcastle and Huddersfield play will be season defining

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Surf's Up View Post
      I dont think we bottle it but there's certainly an argument that the football gods generally don't treat us kindly in big games at the business end of the season.
      Footballing god's.. not sure there is any god but that is for one of many other threads. But, if there is a footballing god, surely we would be given some luck at some point?

CH has a plan a, he then reverted to his usual plan b, defend. If he had reverted to the occasional plan c, brought on Hemed and March, we may have won or managed to save a point. Either way, I don't think it was the footballing god's fault, unless you think CH is that god.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SUA Seagull View Post
      Any notion of bottling, choking or equivalent is completely without foundation, IMHO. We played a very well drilled team managed by a world class coach and, but for Darlow’s heroics in goal (he was really excellent on the night and saved a couple of near certs), and for the one-in-a-million fluke of an equaliser (which knocked us back), on another day we’d easily have won or drawn that game.

Having just watched the highlights (again) I actually feel quite uplifted in that although we didn’t play at our best (Newcastle didn’t let us) we still gave a bloody good account of ourselves against a Premier League quality team and were within a whisker of a positive result.

We typically bounce back stronger after a setback, which is the sign of a great team. I am feeling optimistic about the Forest game and hope that, come Saturday 5pm, last night will be but a distant memory on our road to promotion. On paper, our run in doesn’t look too bad by comparison with the Toon’s, who still have to play a number of the top 7 teams. I would like to think that CH is relatively more relaxed about that than is Benitez at this stage of the season.

It all bodes well for another nail biting season finale. But, as you all know, we are Brighton and we don't do things the easy way!
      How are they a premier league quality team when they're playing in the championship or have I missed something??
      UP THE ALBION!!!!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      We are a very good team at this level. But unfortunately there are two better teams in the league at present. With better squads.

We just have to hope hudds fall away and have a dip.
      Feel bad for even biting but this is FAKE NEWS. if there were. then they would have more points. wouldn't they ?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      troll.
      No that's genuinely how I and many others feel. It's gonna be close.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      It is strange. I sensed nervousness amongst the fans and players all night. Even 1 up, it never felt like we were confident we would see it through.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      No that's genuinely how I and many others feel. It's gonna be close.
      its "going to be close" is different to "there are 2 better teams (and squads) in the league" - so what is it ?

2 Not allowed!
      As masters of our own destiny in second place, the good news is that three points against Newcastle are worth no more than three points against Forest or Rotherham.
      Forever a DAFT Bint