Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do we always bottle the big games?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
then sit back up until 80 before a freak goal.

And then another, bottled it, as we as fans did.

I ain't known for doom mongering on here, but we have a lot of history.......for bottling it.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Massive over reaction

We were managing the game OK, we were running on empty as some players had ran themselves into the ground defensively. The lucky goal ****ed us up psychologically and the ones totally knackered it knocked the stuffing and the running out of them

I agree totally with the above

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Spot on - we gave a lot these 2 games and have 3 points to show for it. NSC will always have fans who can't take defeat & post silly knee-jerk shite - usually the ones who start threads too - calm down people.

This for me. Suspect most would have been happy with 3 draws from the last three games, but we've got 6 points. Win on Saturday and all will be well.

D

Deleted member 2719

All the games people mention as choking include a massive turning point.

1) great save from speroni to top into bar and then they score
2) Wednesday had a freak goal.
3) Derby scored more goals than they had shots on target because of an unlucky deflection (we had overachieved anyway)
4) tonight freak goal (although we did look in a panic at times)

I wonder why we didn't bring on hemed. Glenn was absolute toast after 70 mins. I love stockdale but he made lots of errors tonight. The corner the freak goal c Amex from was going well wide.

I agree, Hemed was looking so sharp and we run Murray into the ground, why because CH thinks a knackered GM is better than fit sharp TH, oh and let's just tighten up that midfield with a rusty Kayal in the biggest match of the season.
You could see it in CH eyes he got it wrong and wouldn't mind betting feels partly to blame for the lack of a point.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe us as fans are the constant here? Mass exodus when it goes against us , can't create the right atmosphere for the big games ?

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Can't say we bottled it. No way are you going to boss a team like Newcastle for ninety minutes. Sometimes you'll be firmly on the back foot. We defended pretty well for the most part.

And if - when - we go up, there will be a lot more of that, so if games like tonight's boil your piss, then next season may be a pressure cooker.

If anyone bottles it, it was the referee ignoring a stonewall second penalty when we were one up.

Our race is definitely NOT run on the back of tonight's disappointment.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We are a very good team at this level. But unfortunately there are two better teams in the league at present. With better squads.

We just have to hope hudds fall away and have a dip.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Maybe us as fans are the constant here? Mass exodus when it goes against us , can't create the right atmosphere for the big games ?

Was amazing for 20 minutes, went very flat when we scored. Presumably nerves set in around the ground.

Similar to how flat it went when sheff weds equalised in the play offs.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Still feeling positive - 4 wins out of the remaining 5 at home, and 4 wins away from the remaining 7, and we'll be fine. Still gives us room for the odd dodgy result IMO. We might even be top again on Saturday, although I'd actually prefer to see Newcastle win at Huddersfield for obvious reasons. Half glass full for me.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

As Newcastle scored their second at least 4 twenty odd year olds to my right stood up and left. People have work to get to, others may have caring duties, but four young men? My patience evaporated.......

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
But unfortunately there are two better teams in the league at present

No there aren't

table.jpg

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Probably still going up but we do seem to f**k these games up fact! Derby in the play-offs, The Massive last season and Burnley and Derby at home, Palace also we f**k them up :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Claretnblue

Apr 29, 2016
lol unfortunately I can't be swapt in my support of the clarets ! But ... where is the defiance , the fight ... go to the next games and smash the granny out of them all . U have the manager ,the team , the support .... Huddersfield don't worry when they lose .They lick their wounds ....Slap the lot of em and get promoted Albion ! P.s ul win my bet too :)

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
lol unfortunately I can't be swapt in my support of the clarets ! But ... where is the defiance , the fight ... go to the next games and smash the granny out of them all . U have the manager ,the team , the support .... Huddersfield don't worry when they lose .They lick their wounds ....Slap the lot of em and get promoted Albion ! P.s ul win my bet too :)

:salute:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I cannot believe what I am reading.We lost a tight game against high class opposition.Yes we made mistakes,yes we could have played better.We will not play against a better team that Newcastle this season.We are not the most talented team in this division we are probably not one of the most talented 6 teams teams in this division.
What we have managed to do over 34 games so far this season is find a way to win even when we don't play well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here