Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Complacency

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ow for ****s sake. For the stupid who can't work out what was meant by that comment: Played Newcastle, lost both. Played Huddersfield, win a piece but they utterly destroyed us in one game so that puts us third in terms of 1 on 1s with the top 3 clubs in this division. As a barometer that may well be how it finishes therefore in May...meaning we're in the POs. Again. And f ucked once more given we bottle it everytime as per our club DNA. Face it, unless we go up automatically we might as well give our place to re 7th placed team. We're incapable of getting promotion via the POs to the Premier.
    They play each other on Saturday. They can't both win. We can go top again with a win at Forest. Don't throw the towel in just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wellesley View Post
      "What a pillock." is going through my head after reading that.
      Chill.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Arundel_Seagull View Post
      He can't be a Brighton fan and should have been banned ages ago! Every thread or post he makes is slagging the club or players off.
      It's really not you ****ing ****. Most of my posts are positive or ironic. I just felt that we lost a little bit of desire after our goal. You don't need to slag me off because we lost alright you prick!

1 Not allowed!
      come on...their goal was fluky sure but boy was it overdue and some. And our penalty was a bit 'lite'. Newcastle bossed the game from just after our goal. We got nothing because we deserved nothing. We showed small club mentality in awe at a big one. Our control of the ball was League 2 comedy of errors stuff. Why we were so shit is hard to fathom. But we were pony tonight and the toon army deserved their victory in spades.
      That is harsh. I'd agree Newcastle were the better team tonight and did deserve the win but that abuse is uncalled for . I'm as disappointed as anyone but whilst we played below our best we were not shit. Sometimes you can just give credit to the opposition for doing a number on us which this evening they did.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Diego Napier View Post
      We didn't stop and sit back and defend. Newcastle are a very good side with very skillful players and they started to become more dominant in the game. Complacent? It had nothing whatsoever to do with complacency.
      it seemed like that to the independents. And many diehards. I think you're in the minority if you think Newcastle didn't have us on the back foot for 3/4 of the game.
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by carteater View Post
      It's really not you ****ing ****. Most of my posts are positive or ironic. I just felt that we lost a little bit of desire after our goal. You don't need to slag me off because we lost alright you prick!
      I was clearly talking about Junior you muppet!

It's ok, don't worry about the apology! You clearly don't know night from day... Just go to bed!

0 Not allowed!
      Saying that the players got complacent isn't slagging them off. It's just an observation. It's human nature. Let's face it
      We're all pissed off about the result and the manner of the defeat. I regret starting this thread

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hotchilidog View Post
      That is harsh. I'd agree Newcastle were the better team tonight and did deserve the win but that abuse is uncalled for . I'm as disappointed as anyone but whilst we played below our best we were not shit. Sometimes you can just give credit to the opposition for doing a number on us which this evening they did.
      by comparison we were shit. To our own standards. We didn't play the rest of the league tonight. We played Newcastle. Or sorry, they played us. We looked shit in so far as a top game is concerned. Yep. I'm happy with that comment. We'd stuff a non league side tomorrow but we're in a big boys club now and just mistaken for the waiter. Because we looked like one tonight.
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"

1 Not allowed!
      ow for ****s sake. For the stupid who can't work out what was meant by that comment: Played Newcastle, lost both. Played Huddersfield, win a piece but they utterly destroyed us in one game so that puts us third in terms of 1 on 1s with the top 3 clubs in this division. As a barometer that may well be how it finishes therefore in May...meaning we're in the POs. Again. And f ucked once more given we bottle it everytime as per our club DNA. Face it, unless we go up automatically we might as well give our place to re 7th placed team. We're incapable of getting promotion via the POs to the Premier.
      Well the bed wetter of the night award is well and truly sewn up. Enjoy.
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      FFS, we lost by a small margin.
      If we had taken our chances, we would have beaten these northern gimps.
      But we lost, deal with it, move on, otherwise we start doubting our own abilities.
      We're still second BTW.
      I'm more pissed it took me over an hour to get of of Bridge St car park, absolute shambles, and to top it all, I followed a Newcastle fan for half hour, because of M25 restrictions.
      Good night, I'm off to my pit.
      Football is so beautiful because underdogs are able to achieve good results against giants. Regardless of what others say about our team, there’s always a chance. If you are able to take the pressure away from the team, sensations can happen. I have confidence in this Albion team