Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the story Fikayo Tomori?

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Is it just me or is he garbage?

Discuss.

It's just you. Young lad normally plays right back or centre half playing out of position at left back against one of the best wingers in the division.
Some of our supporters are unbelievable just looking for someone to blame or criticise.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As many have Said he came onto the pitch after an injury and played out of position, unfortunately it appears on NSC he is now unfairly being portrayed as the only one who made mistakes, when it was team effort of bad passing showmanship when not required. Poor lad is todays NSC scapegoat

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
The morning after the night before and in the cold light of day and with the benefit of hindsight, I concede that 'garbage' was the wrong word. Apologies, but I was tired and more than a little emotional.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Did well .

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Couldn't see him at close quarters in the first half but he was right in front of us in the second and I thought he looked better and better.

Well done everyone who wants to pile in and shatter his confidence though.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
He made a reasonable contribution in the second half and grew into the game. Sad how some people have to find a target for their frustrations after a result goes against us. Our second home defeat of the season against Newcastle. The shame of it!:facepalm:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I thought he played OK and got a lot better as the game went on. That was like a baptism of fire - probably the biggest game he has played in and, after a shaky start he did very well.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

My understanding is that he has the ability to play across the back line, so for a covering loan-signing that looks like a reasonable decision to me at least. Anyone who has played left-back as a right footed player knows just how difficult this can be, and I thought he settled well despite a nervy start. He was also matched up against the stand-out attacking player, also right-footed meaning that he was always being challenged on his weaker side.. The early, accurate passes from Shelvey meant that he was really up against it. However he worked it out and got better. Tackling with your wrong foot is really really hard in my experience..

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Dodgy start. Did well later on and got some good challenges in. Just unfortunate that having a right-footed left back doesn't do much for our attacking flow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd be happy for him to start on Saturday if Pog is injured. There were senior players who were much more nervous and panicky second half, he had a really good second half imo, stick with him.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
My view? I thought he did really well, and I would be happy to see him start before Pog every week. He has a much more complete game, I think. Shame he was played 'out of position', but I for one was impressed.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
After coming on you could see Newcastle aimed the ball at his section of the pitch and his first tackle was a winner. Massive applause from the crowd. From then on he was the target of the Newcastle forward ball and he handled it very well.
Murray had a word with him second half, having walked back to him, and he listened closely and rather than just walk away, acknowledged the advice.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Cant be bothered to read through the 22 pages so I may be repeating others or saying something completly different

I think Pocognoli's injury changed the game, once he went off Murphy couldnt get forward as much and when he did, didnt have any support.

During the first half Tomori looked like he was shitting himself and scared of the ball coming to him, however did improve in the second half with Murphy dropping back to cover him a bit more. It does not help him that he is not left footed.

What bugs me is, we got this chap in from Chelsea when im sure we could have members of our development squad come in and look alot more natural and not as out of their depth. Plus gaining valuable experience.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What bugs me is, we got this chap in from Chelsea when im sure we could have members of our development squad come in and look alot more natural and not as out of their depth. Plus gaining valuable experience.
Thing is, at this stage of his development, I'm guessing CH thinks he is better than the young players in the DS are at the moment. CH is probably right.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Thing is, at this stage of his development, I'm guessing CH thinks he is better than the young players in the DS are at the moment. CH is probably right.

If that is the case we have some poor poor players in the development squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here