Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You're just a shit town in Scotland ......

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Small town near Sunderland.

As long as it's not a 'small town in Villa' I'm fine with it...

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'd believe it if their town had a fertilizer plant. Now that would be a shite town. If it were in Scotland it would be a "shite town in Scotland."

slurry-tank-on-farm-scotland-c54edp.jpg

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Firstly, I do know Newcastle isn't actually in Scotland by the way and the obvious intention of such a chant is purely banter with the opposition.

Secondly, I hope you boys who seemingly require all songs to pass the 100% trades description accuracy test; have never sung

' we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen ...' cos we plainly are not

and also "You're just a fat Spanish waiter' to Benitez as he clearly is not that either

Laters

i thought it was funny, but i guess i would

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well at least he is fat and spanish so it is more correct than newcastle being a town and in scotland.
If we follow your logic we may as well go for something a bit more interesting like "you're welsh and you know you are" or "you're just a small scientific installation in the antarctic"
Yeah, I was going to suggest "You're jocks and you know you are" if you really want to go down that tired old route.

They could come back with "You're French and you know you are" Just as funny.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Lets get ready, ready
Lets get ready, ready
Lets get ready, ready
Lets get ready to rumble!

Watch us wreck the Toon!
Watch us wreck the Toon!
Watch us wreck the Toon!
PSYCHE!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
An hour on the train,
An hour on the train,
You all live in London,
Just an hour on the train!

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
How about Peter Reed's got a monkey's heed (sic) aimed at the then Sunderland manager. Cruel but funny

But not quite as funny as the following chant to it, which was "Peter Reid peels bananas with his feet..."

Back to the OPs song most opposing supporters like to exaggerate when aiming songs at each other. When Boro played Doncaster a few years back there were chants of "Geordies! Geordies!" aimed from the Donny fans and I'm sure Scotland got a mention too. Then Boro fans started up with "Sit down...you southerners..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here