Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Haye vs Bellew: Real hatred or the new Big Daddy vs Giant Haystacks?

0 Not allowed!
    Bizarre press conference from Liverpool yesterday, catch the unedited version on You Tube, but these two really cranking up Saturday night's fight.

All hype to sell more PPV? Or is this a good old fashioned real life grudge match?

Haye could already be in hot water with the board of control after calling Bellew's home support "f****** retards"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'm not so sure it isn't all hype but i'm becoming more cynical in my old age

2 Not allowed!
      All hype to sell the fight, stage-managed just like WWE.
      REMF Quiz Champion 2016
      Objective but passionate

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Frutos View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      All hype to sell the fight, stage-managed just like WWE.
      That. Its really, really tedious.
      Stand or Fall

2 Not allowed!
      They'll be best mates after the fight.

I'm eager for the match to go ahead now, because I'm fed up of hearing of it!
      Just Shut Up and Paddle Saladpack Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      All Kidstakes, as my old Dad would have said.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Rider View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Haye vs Bellew: Real hatred or the new Big Daddy vs Giant Haystacks?
      Who cares?

All hype to sell more PPV?
      I imagine so. A farcical pantomime. I'm amazed that people pay for this shit.
      Mattress shopping

2 Not allowed!
      I just want one journalist to ask Haye if he'll feel a bit silly when they're both sat on the edge of the canvas, full of lovely healing serotonin, at the end, saying "I've got a newfound respect for this man", for the umpteenth time, as if it's a shock that the illusion of hatred has been lifted by a shared ring, which is as inevitable as Adam Smith calling it a "mouthwatering occasion" with all the enthusiasm of a pro broadcaster hanging grimly on for retirement from all this sort of nonsense.

Bellew, as a bouncer incarnate, is, I suppose, a more plausible aggressor, but you can pretty much guarantee he'll be sat there, banging on about how he only cares about his kids without having any contextual understanding of how completely inappropriate it is for him to keep bringing them into it and bleeping on about how important they are to him, as if reaffirming something which should be innate doesn't sound in any way weird. That is what it's about though - the money, it has to be, because he isn't a heavyweight, and it'll be horribly compelling waiting for him to get battered, like a slow-mo of a coconut shy being aimed at by a champion gunner firing a massive cannon.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      They are both very good actors who know how to sell a fight. Far better talkers than fighters hence why this will probably do quite well in terms of PPV buys.

0 Not allowed!
      I'm very sceptical about this pre-match hype of "they REALLY hate each other" as we just see it every time.

The only thing that is a little bit different about these two is that the last Bellew fight, rather than celebrate the win, he charged over to have a rant and a rave at Haye who was ringside. He literally didn't celebrate at all for minutes, and even then he still looked wound up by the hanging over the ropes screaming at Haye.

Yes, I've seen a fighter start talking up the next fight from the moment they are sat on the ring edge having their post-ring interview, but the way he reacted the very moment the fight ended .... that did make me wonder whether there really is something in this one.
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."