Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haye vs Bellew: Real hatred or the new Big Daddy vs Giant Haystacks?

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
There is an element of contempt in there for sure.

Haye will destroy Bellew within 3 rounds in my opinion.

It will definitely be an interesting three rounds, in the balance I'd say but yeah i think Haye will catch Bellew and end it. However if Bellew can weather the storm he may get the upper hand, it will be intriguing for sure

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Bizarre press conference from Liverpool yesterday, catch the unedited version on You Tube, but these two really cranking up Saturday night's fight.

All hype to sell more PPV? Or is this a good old fashioned real life grudge match?

Haye could already be in hot water with the board of control after calling Bellew's home support "f****** retards"

Can't take any of these guys seriously - it's all about selling tickets. You can just hear Hearn telling them to bitch it up for the cameras.

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
I think the whole thing has been a set-up from the get go. There is no way David Haye would have even been at the Echo Arena working for Sky the night of Tony Bellew's fight with BJ Flores unless there was 'something' in the pipeline. Flores was a sacrificial lamb that night and Eddie Hearn knew it was the perfect chance to set up the Haye fight. There was an ifl interview after where Hearn even remarked to Bellew 'we told you to call him Sideshow Bob not Spongebob Square Pants' - embarrassing really.

It is certainly the biggest payday in Bellew's career, and providing he doesn't take a real heavy KO loss then he can drop back to Cruiserweight after with minimal damage done to his career. Haye has peed much of his fortune up the wall so it makes sense to him too. Both can sell a fight and I expect PPV numbers to be strong, but a huge set-up for me... Hearn's smug little face tells me that.

For the record I expect Haye to get him outta there when he fancies, although I've been wrong before. Bellew has hit the canvas hard against Light-Heavies (Ovill Mckenzie & Adonis Stevenson), so I expect a glancing blow to put him over and if Haye lands clean - goodnight.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
[yt]0DSro4l_0cE[/yt]

Easy, easy.

:lolol:

This was billed as a Wembley Arena 'sell out' but judging by the rows of empty seats as Shirley Crabtree made his way to the ring, was this the early 'attendance' work of a young Paul Barber?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here