Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huge game tonight BUT......

JDMariner

Jan 30, 2017
Good old Sussex
Obviously we all would love a win tonight, a draw would still be fine according to many.

However before anyone starts going into meltdown if we lose bear in mind that after tonight we'll have 12 games left. With 9 of those being against teams currently in the bottom 11 it's fair to say that you'll struggle to find anyone who can say that's not a lovely position to be in. No easy games in the Championship but 9 against those in bottom half of table suggests..... ALL WILL BE FINE :albion2::ascarf:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Obviously we all would love a win tonight, a draw would still be fine according to many.

However before anyone starts going into meltdown if we lose bear in mind that after tonight we'll have 12 games left. With 9 of those being against teams currently in the bottom 11 it's fair to say that you'll struggle to find anyone who can say that's not a lovely position to be in. No easy games in the Championship but 9 against those in bottom half of table suggests..... ALL WILL BE FINE :albion2::ascarf:

I think it is fair to add though 7 of those games are away and 5 at home. That is of some significance. We do really need to get something from tonight's game.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Put yourself in the firing line with that statement, i'm inclined to agree with you though :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think it is fair to add though 7 of those games are away and 5 at home. That is of some significance. We do really need to get something from tonight's game.

We don't need something from tonight's game, not after beating Reading. We could very easily lose tonight and still be top by close of play Saturday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A long day of this twaddle ahead.

Fingers crossed it's the last one.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree with most of the comments on this thread. We're in a strong position such that even losing wouldn't constitute a disaster. After tonight, we've only got to play Leeds that are in the top six, whereas Newcastle and Huddersfield play each other next game. If things don't go so well tonight, there's still the opportunity to restore our lead on Saturday. In other words, we're in a position of strength which means that we can afford the odd slip up.
Obviously it'd be great if we won the next seven or eight on the trot, thereby securing an automatic place, but things don't tend to work that way.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We're playing a team below us in the table. At home. Stephens is probably starting. Enough of these defeatist sentiments!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If we lose tonight:

Newcastle: 73
Brighton: 71

-

We'd be 2 points behind, exactly how the table looked about a week ago, but now with only 12 games left.

For what it's worth I think we'll win tonight, which would put us on 74 from 34.. incredible stuff.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Wasn't really posting it to be classed as 'twaddle', simply trying to post a bit of positivity rather than everyone going doom and gloom if not all goes to plan tonight...

Ignore Stat Brother, he's the most arrogant, holier than thou poster on here. Personally, I like these kinds of discussions.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

There's a big difference between need and want.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Ignore Stat Brother, he's the most arrogant, holier than thou poster on here. Personally, I like these kinds of discussions.

Yup it much more interesting discussing if we will be first or second, autos or play offs. What a season this has been, enjoy it and it's nervous excitement. We are in the best position we could ever hope for.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A long day of this twaddle ahead.

Fingers crossed it's the last one.

Not a chance!
Fortunately Chris has got the boys back on track and sticking to the one game at a time, deal with what's in front of you, approach.
All that really matters is that the team follow this approach

Leaving us to speculate ad nauseum on how the rest of the season will pan out!
Enjoy :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here