Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huge game tonight BUT......

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
What ever happens tonight neither team will be promoted at the end of the game
I look at it as another mini season starting tonight and if we go on the same run as we did at the end of last season then we have nothing to worry about

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think if this game was later in the season it would be much more defining, luckily for us Newcastle have a huge double header after this and Hudders too (they play Villa on Tues) whilst we play Forest and Rotherham.
Both games winnable and I should imagine the players will be up for it big time as they know that if they win those two games, there could be a pretty big gap to 3rd!

So even if we lose tonight, I would want Newcastle to then beat Hudders and Reading as well. We'll be a lot closer to knowing how close we are to going up.

However, if we win tonight, just imagine the gap to 3rd by the time we face Derby next Friday if we win both games away as well if Newcastle beat Hudds and Reading...oh my..

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Obviously we all would love a win tonight, a draw would still be fine according to many.

However before anyone starts going into meltdown if we lose bear in mind that after tonight we'll have 12 games left. With 9 of those being against teams currently in the bottom 11 it's fair to say that you'll struggle to find anyone who can say that's not a lovely position to be in. No easy games in the Championship but 9 against those in bottom half of table suggests..... ALL WILL BE FINE :albion2::ascarf:

I tend to agree it's possibly a bigger game for Newcastle than it is for us

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I
However, if we win tonight, just imagine the gap to 3rd by the time we face Derby next Friday if we win both games away as well if Newcastle beat Hudds and Reading...oh my..

I have indeed gvien this some thought. If ever there was a moment to string a few wins together this is it. This is not neccesarily a season defining run of games, but play well it could be.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So even if we lose tonight, I would want Newcastle to then beat Hudders and Reading as well.
I may also want them to beat Huddersfield, but not Reading. Reading aren't going to finish top two, so if they take points of Newcastle that's great.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Wasn't really posting it to be classed as 'twaddle', simply trying to post a bit of positivity rather than everyone going doom and gloom if not all goes to plan tonight...
Positivity doesn't really fit in since NSC lost it's mind after the draw with Ipswich.

The wins v Barnsley and Reading have helped a little, of course, but don't forget that superteam Huddersfield will now win all their remaining games.

:shootself:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I tend to agree it's possibly a bigger game for Newcastle than it is for us

Much bigger. Anyone got any intel on the NUFC boards about their expectations for tonight? Mildly apprehensive would be my guess. Totally crapping it after Sat's epic BHA performance is probably nearer the truth. If they lose tonight it is going to be a disaster for their moral. :D

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
1) most discussions have merit, But nothing we say here will change the game.
2) Enjoy the game if you can.Its why we go isn't it?
3)Lets see where we are this time tomorrow.
4) Repeat.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Before Barnsley away people said "I would take five from next three as long as we beat reading"

On Saturday "I would take 3 points from these two games as long as we beat reading"

So for many tonight is surely a free roll isn't it?

A win would be effing fantastic.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
With our 2 point gain on them this Saturday I'm feeling a lot more relaxed going into this than I thought I would be a few days ago.

If we lose - and I don't think we will - we'd still very much be in striking distance.

Really looking forward to it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have indeed gvien this some thought. If ever there was a moment to string a few wins together this is it. This is not neccesarily a season defining run of games, but play well it could be.

Play badly and it could be too.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
No shame in loosing to the toon but if we win (and I think we will) it's massive for points and morale.

Nothing to loose in my view. Can't wait!!

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Obviously we all would love a win tonight, a draw would still be fine according to many.

However before anyone starts going into meltdown if we lose bear in mind that after tonight we'll have 12 games left. With 9 of those being against teams currently in the bottom 11 it's fair to say that you'll struggle to find anyone who can say that's not a lovely position to be in. No easy games in the Championship but 9 against those in bottom half of table suggests..... ALL WILL BE FINE :albion2::ascarf:
How dare you say that.... complete mockers on it now

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The wins on Saturday, and against Barnsley away, were huge. If we'd lost/drawn them, there would be immense pressure on getting a win tonight. There is more pressure on Toon now, particularly with their run-in vs ours. The team should be super-confident and up for this after the last two games. I can't ****ing wait.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex

I'm afraid that your very sensible thread appears to have been ignored by some on this forum.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here