Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Just hoping for no red cards or injuries. It could be a boring and feisty 0-0 or someone sneak a goal playing badly, or could very well turn into a 4-3.

Will be watching 3:45am local time, just got to decide whether to get a few hours sleep in first or a few beers

Experience says it depends if you have work tomorrow? If you don't you might as well stay up. If you do, get some sleep as you won't get a lot after the game. You'll either be buzzing from the win or fuming/gutted about the defeat.

I just hope all the hype doesn't turn into rash decisions on the pitch or we will fall apart.
The players should try and stay calm and play to their strengths.

The team are well experienced in these big matches now. And lets not get carried away, this isn't anywhere near as big as Boro or Wednesday last season.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
This morning I listened to The Football Ramble podcast.
One of the 4 presenters being 'Castle fan Pete Donaldson.

They had, what was for them, a long look at the Championship, but didn't mention either the Albion or Newcastle.

The pattern is talk up Newcastle when they are on top, stay silent when the Albion are.

How can you have a division review without mentioning 1st v 4th?

To be fair Adrian Durham and Ray Wilikins were giving us some good recognition on TalkSport yesterday evening. Durham was saying what a superb manager Chris is and that Baldock's first touch for his goal against the butterfly punchers was out of this world.

He also asserted that we shall remain top of the league for the rest of the season now.

He obviously didn't get the memo. :lolol:

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
A win would be massive for us tonight. Can't help but being nervous, but I'm sure our buys will step up and put in a shift.
The Amex needs to be rocking tonight, all night, regardless.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Wouldn't be surprised to see Gayle on the bench with Daryl Murphy starting up front for them. Always seems to score against us!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just hoping for no red cards or injuries. It could be a boring and feisty 0-0 or someone sneak a goal playing badly, or could very well turn into a 4-3.

Will be watching 3:45am local time, just got to decide whether to get a few hours sleep in first or a few beers
Blimey I didn't realise there was such a time difference in Hastings

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
To be fair Adrian Durham and Ray Wilikins were giving us some good recognition on TalkSport yesterday evening. Durham was saying what a superb manager Chris is and that Baldock's first touch for his goal against the butterfly punchers was out of this world.

He also asserted that we shall remain top of the league for the rest of the season now.

He obviously didn't get the memo. [emoji38]ol:
I heard Ray sounded pissed, again?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The also expecting Darryl Murphy to start for them.
Hoping Stephens doesn't give the ball away as easily as on Saturday. The only blot on an impressive performance. Kayal for Sidwell? I think I probably would but don't think CH will. Same team and squad as Reading

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Brighton Home record against top 12 in league -

P W D L F A PPG
9 8 1 0 20 4 2.78

Preston (9th) got the draw (2-2).

Pretty impressive against the other 8 - PPG 3.00

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Journey Leg Cancelled — This train has been cancelled because of a shortage of train crew.

West Coastway back to their usual service.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Am on the train from Blackfriars now, a little damp and splattered with muddy splodges, thanks to a cycle there. I plan, entirely uninterestingly, to walk to the ground from Brighton station. I'll be there for a pie and a sit-down before the roaring rightly starts. Oh, and also, let's smash em to kippereens!!! Come on Albion!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Prince albert teeming with toon since 4 ffs

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here