Jul 6, 2003
Albion to win 3-2.

Geordie Shore! Bank bank bank...
Geordie Shore! Bank bank bank.

(Family Stand version)

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
In London on work nearest pub to hotel is The Sussex Arms - I feel an omen coming on.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I tweeted Max Rushden and highlighted this, to be fair to him he went back to the feature and gave us some air time.

I've noticed that there's comparatively little coverage of us on the radio networks. They're forever banging on about Newcastle, Leeds and even Huddersfield. To be honest, I quite like it. Slip under the radar (as much as a Championship leading club can, obviously)...

WGull

Jan 27, 2017
Looking forward to this one it's going to be a close game I just hope we go for it, would rather we lost trying to win it than settling for a draw

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I keep thinking it could be 3-0 either way, then I think the ref is going to give them a dodgy penalty then we might miss a penalty then we could have a bit of a blip but then I think no way the pressure is on them we'll do them tonight! Jesus Christ!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Best away record against best home record etc etc......yes its going to be tight hopefully up until the final whistle..midfield will be where this battle will be won and lost
Hopefully up until the final whistle? I would rather be 3 -0 up with 10 mins to go

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Like for like, expected sides:

Stockdale v Darlow
Bruno v Yedlin
Pocognoli v Dummett
Duffy v Lascelles
Dunk v Clark
Knockaert v Ritchie
Stephens v Shelvey
Sidwell v Colback
J Murphy v Gouffran
Baldock v Diame
Murray v Mitrovic or Daryl Murphy

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I just hope all the hype doesn't turn into rash decisions on the pitch or we will fall apart.
The players should try and stay calm and play to their strengths.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Genuinely excited about tonight and if anyone is any doubt how big this game actually is - I'm reliably informed by an Austrian friend that this game got mentioned on Austrian TV news last night.
I tweeted my Seagulls (and Seahawks) supporting mate in Seattle to let him know the game is on in the states. He said he's on the East coast this week so the time difference shouldn't be too bad and thanked me for the heads up.

The world is watching this one.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I just hope all the hype doesn't turn into rash decisions on the pitch or we will fall apart.
The players should try and stay calm and play to their strengths.

I would not call it hype about this one. Not OTT. Ticket demand almost unequalled for an Albion home game? Think of a game when home and away was sold out a month before KO. There have been at least two, probably more?

Checked my season ticket and put the TV on record. Now just cook the pancakes.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Sat did take the pressure off a little, so a draw tonight would be ok. If Shelvey is "at it" he could run the game ... or he could get sent off.

Personally, I'd take a draw now, but it really ought to be a good game of footie, all things considered. At least we can put our strongest team out, so no excuses for a lacklustre display.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Just hoping for no red cards or injuries. It could be a boring and feisty 0-0 or someone sneak a goal playing badly, or could very well turn into a 4-3.

Will be watching 3:45am local time, just got to decide whether to get a few hours sleep in first or a few beers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone else hear that fat drunken scouse oaf Micky Quinn on Talksport this morning? Apparently we are tailor made for Newcastle tonight and he is confident of a win for them. Apart from to announce who Newcastle's opponents are tonight they didn't even mention BHA. They even read it out as 'Newcastle v Brighton.' Normally doesn't bother me but pissed me off.

This morning I listened to The Football Ramble podcast.
One of the 4 presenters being 'Castle fan Pete Donaldson.

They had, what was for them, a long look at the Championship, but didn't mention either the Albion or Newcastle.

The pattern is talk up Newcastle when they are on top, stay silent when the Albion are.

How can you have a division review without mentioning 1st v 4th?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here