Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

D

Deleted member 2719

This team, this manager, this chairman are on the verge of taking us to the top division for the first time since 1983! This is no time for negativity of any kind. We deserve to go up and we ARE going up THIS year.

I need proof please.:tantrum:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If only there hadn't been that foul on Baldock. I really think he would have scored.

That's why it deserved a red. It was what they used to call a 'professional foul'. Free kick from that position was nowhere near as advantageous.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
We should have made more positive subs like we did against Sheff Weds at home.
We needed Solomon and either Hemed /Chuba to try and move the team further forward with the other option of pace over the top.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Struggling to deal with tonight. I've only just got in from a night watching the match at a pub with neutral observers all around. I am so frustrated. We had a glorious opportunity to grab the division by the scruff of the neck this evening. 15 minutes from a position of total domination and now we are looking over our shoulders again, having ceded a crucial psychological advantage. Our overall position is still good and our future is in our own hands. I know that it's not the end of the world...

...but right now it bloody well feels like it.

Roll on the Derby match. At least I shall be there for that one and can do my bit by singing myself hoarse. It helps.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Flukiest goal I've seen at the Amex in a while, didn't think Newcastle looked like scoring up to that point.

Well. stockdale first of all stopped a dead cert in first half injury time then presented a golden opportunity with a Preston moment+. Can think of a couple of other times when the ball didn't fall right for their forwards. TBH, I was amazed we held on as long as we did; the problem was not consolidating the lead when we had chances from counter attacks.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Diamé marks 'the ugliest goal in the world' for Newcastle

The ex-striker Diamé was lucky enough to score this comic so much that in England they have already qualified as 'the ugliest goal in the world' to tie in the field of the Brighton to ten minutes to the end.Ayoze would culminate the comeback of Benítez team with the goal of 1-2 that leaves the leading magpies after passing in the first place precisely to Brighton.

http://www.marca.com/futbol/premier-league/2017/03/01/58b601aeca474166358b456e.html

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just noticed that Lee Probert was the 4th official.
Been to the Amex in two FA Cup ties before as referee.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The ex-striker Diamé was lucky enough to score this comic so much that in England they have already qualified as 'the ugliest goal in the world' to tie in the field of the Brighton to ten minutes to the end.Ayoze would culminate the comeback of Benítez team with the goal of 1-2 that leaves the leading magpies after passing in the first place precisely to Brighton.

Google translate?
:lol:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Google translate?
:lol:

No - that's just a typical perseus post.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Didnt watch the match but found this on youtube.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJfSnjq23tg
Based on this i cannot agree that we sat back for 70 minutes. However, when we attacked in the second half we were always outnumbered (where were Stevens and Sidwell). The only criticism I would make that the defending in the last 10 minutes had been sloppy to say the least. We appeared to be outnumbered 7 to 4 (where were Stephens and Sidwell).
If Stephens has aspirations to be a premier league player, his last few performances have probably knocked a few million off of his transfer fee.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Didnt watch the match but found this on youtube.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJfSnjq23tg
Based on this i cannot agree that we sat back for 70 minutes. However, when we attacked in the second half we were always outnumbered (where were Stevens and Sidwell). The only criticism I would make that the defending in the last 10 minutes had been sloppy to say the least. We appeared to be outnumbered 7 to 4 (where were Stephens and Sidwell).
If Stephens has aspirations to be a premier league player, his last few performances have probably knocked a few million off of his transfer fee.
Gutting watching it again, we sounded great though!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here