Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Leicester seem to have got back their mojo

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
the-withdean-stadium-the-home-of-brighton-and-hove-albion-fc-picture-id525714304

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I might have misheard but I'm sure on the BBC's pregame build up someone said the club/fans were a little disappointed that Ranieri wasn't going to be there tonight to see the outpouring of gratitude.

:facepalm:

[tweet]836326501586972672[/tweet]

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Just one instance, the final game at the Withdean. One side was blue and the next block was white, making blue and white stripes all down the south stand. The other side had the words to Sussex by the Sea. I've still got mine and others besides.

Only if you choose to remember them that way. I prefer to remember the good times at Withdean.

It's not the clackers that are bad, but the memories, so change the memories.

I do remember that now. Sadly, the bad connotations have since superseded the good ones. Rather oddly, I still have my Palace clacker, but don't know whether or not I kept my Withdean one. But I still have some crystal clear memories of that day, so perhaps that's all that matters.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I do remember that now. Sadly, the bad connotations have since superseded the good ones. Rather oddly, I still have my Palace clacker, but don't know whether or not I kept my Withdean one. But I still have some crystal clear memories of that day, so perhaps that's all that matters.

I definitely kept the last Withdean one. A souvenir of the place, promotion, a new ground looming, a proper souvenir.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Leicester owners looking rather pleased with themselves at the moment. No active clacking going on in the director's box however. Poor show.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have absolutely no recollection of the clackers at that Withdean game. I remember them all too clearly for the Palace debacle, why has my mind blanked them for the other game?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have absolutely no recollection of the clackers at that Withdean game. I remember them all too clearly for the Palace debacle, why has my mind blanked them for the other game?

I didn't either until I saw the photo's, I think the difference is that at Withdean, if any body used them, the paper flapping noise disappeared into the trees, whilst at the Amex it could be heard and was a bit weird.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
One moment I recall us having clackers was the last game in the 2008/09 season against Stockport county, seems only like yesterday that Slade was dragging us out of the relegation zone, everyone going mental and invading the pitch after the final whistle. Crazy when you think about where we are now.

Can't say I liked it though, the gimmick of the blue and white thing was impressive considering we covered all of Withdean but was a bit short lived, prefer the more traditional ways of support over all this nonsense of CLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKs or :vuvu:

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I still have the Withdean clacker somewhere and if i recall correctly people around me in the south stand quite liked them.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm sure we had them 2 or maybe even 3 times at Withdean. The game v Huddersfield was one, can't remember which other games.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Just one instance, the final game at the Withdean. One side was blue and the next block was white, making blue and white stripes all down the south stand. The other side had the words to Sussex by the Sea. I've still got mine and others besides.

Only if you choose to remember them that way. I prefer to remember the good times at Withdean.

I believe we also have clackers on the final day of the Slade Great Escape season vs. Stockport?

I remember vividly being very grateful for them as I could barely see due to the sun that day.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here