Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commute Advice

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Do you need to get the tube from London Bridge ?

It is quite a hike from the platform. Quite often I get the 06:22 from Shoreham which is Bridge bound and change at the Heath for Victoria as work at Warren Street, the fact that Miss Piggy rarely lets you get off the train without having to squeeze past her is another thing altogether.

Walking from LB thankfully, that's why I'm looking to get to there as to avoid getting the tube at all.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Since Xmas the reliability on Southern (thameslink or via Victoria) has improved substantially.
There's been the odd day here and there (weather issues mostly) but nothing compared to the misery Sept - Dec last year. (strikes, cancellations, overtime bans)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Thanks for the help all, think i've found the best route for me, i'll bump the thread if I need any more help! :bowdown:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I only commute 2-3 times a week but I've very rarely had problems since Christmas to be fair. Odd 10 minute delay but nothing major, and certainly have not had a cancelled service (touch wood....)

That London Bridge service from Hove you can probably just about get a seat most days, may take a bit of 'training' to work out where the sweet spots are. Any station after you're pushing it.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Thanks for this

The problem i'm seeing with the thameslink services direct from brighton is that you either get there at 8:48 (far too late) or 7:48 (far too early).

I've found that there is a Hove service which comes from littlehampton at 7:10, does anybody get this service? Is it usually packed by the time it gets to hove?

I commute from hove & there are seats on the 7.10 - but you are only guaranteed a seat if you aren't at the front / are at the back which isn't great for getting off. Lots of people do get it & get seats, but some don't

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here