Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banned from pub for being Albion fan

Sully's Tash

Sully's Tash
Jun 29, 2010
brighton
Lion n Lobster bans Albion.

A mate of mine told me recently that an Albion fan, has been banned from the Lion & Lobster for being an Albion fan.
I only heard about it recently and he didn't want to make a fuss, but it looks like another pub that used to be a proper Brighton pub has gone down the toilet.
Apparently it happened when a load of Albion complained that the mgr of the pub was showing a Chelsea game on the main pub screens but had put the Albion one on the 1 screen at the back. Must have been a while back (I heard the story last week). Brizzle away prob?

Anyway, apparently loads of other Albion were crammed in the back while 3 people watched the premeir game in the main bar, loads complained online pointing out it's a Brighton pub and shouldn't put Chelsea match over an Albion one, but this bloke was recognised and banned by the mgr. Seems harsh. Crap pub in my view anyway, but feel a bit sorry for the bloke, not v nice is it. Boycott?

Last edited:

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
Who would really be bothered about being banned from lion and lobster ,plenty of better pubs to watch football in Brighton and hove .

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
People don't get banned from pubs for being Albion fans. Maybe there's another side to this story ? Unfortunately social media gives a platform for presenting one side of an argument. Pubs are under enough financial pressure these days without having to deal with calls on social media for boycotts. I don't know this pub but an attempt to undermine someone's livelihood makes me instinctively uncomfortable.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
We experienced a bizarre incident in their on Saturday. There were 4 of us who met at 1 to catch some of the Leeds game. Halfway into our second pint a woman asked us to move from the table as "we've got dogs and kids and want to eat and you're only drinking"
She was quite adamant for about 2 or 3 minutes that we should move for her.
I was more shocked than anything that someone could be so rude.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We experienced a bizarre incident in their on Saturday. There were 4 of us who met at 1 to catch some of the Leeds game. Halfway into our second pint a woman asked us to move from the table as "we've got dogs and kids and want to eat and you're only drinking"

Everything that's wrong with Brighton pubs these days in one sad story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Pubs and kids..... not right in my view... there are hundreds of cafes and restaurants to take kids if they want lunch.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Pubs and kids..... not right in my view... there are hundreds of cafes and restaurants to take kids if they want lunch.

You can't take dogs into cafes or restaurants, apart from the Laughing Dog at the Marina. I'm not condoning it, just giving a reason.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I don't get why people bring their dog out with them when they are planning on having a family meal in town.

Nor me. If it was a country pub, it's more understandable. Then I would go into the beer garden, rather than the bar.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

You can't leave the story there! What happened next? Did you tell her she was a rude ****?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

'...only drinking' in a pub. You should be ashamed of yourself.
We need an updated list of pubs where the only thing you can (or would want to ) do is drink. The Mitre is one. Oh and The Cleveland near Blakers Park (until it gets refurbished no doubt).

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Everything that's wrong with Brighton pubs these days in one sad story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, women, dogs and kids all in a pub at the same time..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Also I've always said "eating is cheating" when you're out on a sesh

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yeah, women, dogs and kids all in a pub at the same time..

Hard to spot the difference at times? extra bowls required i suppose.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here