Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Members

Stephens Yellow Card

0 Not allowed!
    Because the ref played an advantage after Dales tackle and he was not booked for a good few minutes, what would have happened if he had commited a second bookable offence before he got the first yellow card shown to him.

Could there be an arguement that he may not have commited the second offence if he knew he was on a yellow already.
    Life is like a bowl of AllBran You wake uo every morning and it's there.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Similar to if there are handbags, if a player pushes 2 players the likelihood is 1 yellow or 1 straight red depending on where he pushes them. You never see players given 2 yellows for the same scrap

0 Not allowed!
      He'd be sent off. However, for the second incident the ref would have to stop the game and cannot play and advantage. That's my understanding. A player though would be aware he is under threat of a yellow once play stops so would be stupid to commit another offence.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by murciagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Because the ref played an advantage after Dales tackle and he was not booked for a good few minutes, what would have happened if he had commited a second bookable offence before he got the first yellow card shown to him.

Could there be an arguement that he may not have commited the second offence if he knew he was on a yellow already.
      I believe the ref had already had a word with him and told him he was going to be booked when play stopped

0 Not allowed!
      Pretty sure player would simply receive 2 yellows at the same time and then be sent off.. Wasn't there a case of this recently in the Premier League??

0 Not allowed!
      Would have got 2 yellows and sent off. Did happen somewhere last season.
      Well the thirty minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet. in it goes (yyyyyyeeeessssssss) ooohhh its gone in, Brighton in added on time have snatched a goal through Virgo!!! Incredible!! Once again there is late, late, late drama in the playoffs!!

Unused substitute REMF 5.

Proud owner of Hendersons Gloves from 18/10/2005. Crystal Palace 0-1 Brighton And Hove Albion
      Chocolate Monk

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JCL - the new kid in town View Post
      I believe the ref had already had a word with him and told him he was going to be booked when play stopped
      Yep, definitely saw the ref have a quick word with Stephens as play was going on. Right call by the ref re the foul, the advantage and the booking.
      My uncle was born in America.
      But he was one of the lucky ones. He managed to escape in a balloon during the Jimmy Carter presidency.
      Minister of Information

0 Not allowed!
      I'm guessing if he was due a red then play would have to be stopped straight away. If, prior to the card being shown, he made a crucial goal line clearance (like Duffy) there would be much consternation.
      I've lost my way. If anyone should find it, do return it quickly. I should imagine it quite rusty by now.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JJ McClure View Post
      Yep, definitely saw the ref have a quick word with Stephens as play was going on. Right call by the ref re the foul, the advantage and the booking.
      Actually, having been disparaging of referee performances of late, I should acknowledge that I thought the referee was pretty decent on Saturday.. I appreciate its always easier to be complimentary when we have won, but don't remember him getting too much wrong..