Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seaweed! Seaweed! GoldWithFalmer's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Thoughts .....
    For covert operations of such like i normally wear my Gold Seagull lapel badge... (it's no bigger than this smiley )
    In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      Turning to the good folk of NSC for some wise advice, if I may.

I have a business trip to Newcastle next Tuesday - 5 of us from Telford to meet up with business colleagues in Newcastle.
      We do this monthly and always go out somewhere for a few beers and some nosh in the evening.
      Last time there was a bit of banter about the top of the Championship - all light hearted / fun.
      Next Thursday we're going to "Lane 7" for some retro bowling / night out

So, would I be silly / provocative if I wore my black [Brighton away] shirt?
      Newcastle are playing that night, away at Reading - so will most serious Magpies be out of town or glued to their radios?
      I'm not one to go looking for trouble - 55 y/o pot-bellied male - but wearing a Brighton shirt in the heart of Newcastle city centre on a Tuesday night - would that be asking for trouble?
      Or would it make for banter / conversation? Whey Aye!

Thoughts .....
      Thoughts ? Christ mate , you're a man of 55 ,do you really need to be asking questions like this.
      Smile Like You Mean It Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by alfredmizen View Post
      Thoughts ? Christ mate , you're a man of 55 ,do you really need to be asking questions like this.
      This. Completely. Daft f*cker. Tho it's rapidly getting that way, football at this level has not yet gone full-on Twickers.
      Last edited by Tom Hark, Preston Park; 27-02-2017 at 20:56.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Returning video tapes Colossal Squid's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Not that kind of client / business meeting - we all work for HMRC, but the team is split between Telford, Southend and Newcastle. So they're not clients in the traditional sense and no loss of business is at risk. "Back me up?" half of them are over-fifty females - I'll let you decide ...

I'll defer my decision and await outcomes of Tuesday and next weekend. - I'll err on the side of caution and probably give it a miss - wouldn't want to jeopardise my recent 4k teeth implant work ...
      Hang on a minute, the real issue here is that you're going out on the lash on MY tax dollar, AND then spaffing 4,000 of it on your pearly whites

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
      No disrespect but I don't understand why anyone over the age of 18 would wear a football shirt full stop let alone on a night out?
      18? I might suggest 8?
      My 16yo lad wouldn't be seen dead wearing his BHA shirts out and about now. Not cool apparently. Worn at football training only.

0 Not allowed!
      I'm 50, only time I ever wear a replica shirt is to a game (sometimes don't bother this time of year as it's buried under several other layers). Wearing one to a work social function wouldn't even occur to me, let alone somewhere where it could lead to issues. I've got some BHA cufflinks I wear to work sometimes,fortuitously had them on the Monday after the Fulham away game as they were noticed by a Fulham STH from another function during a meeting..............
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by alfredmizen View Post

Enough said.
      Flitting between the county league and mates rates at the amex!

0 Not allowed!
      Its all happening again

Do you think you are ill?
      Do your family think you are ill?
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Was my question - will it make me a target? Your view is obviously yes - thanks.

No disrespect taken, what would you suggest, bobble hat and scarf? I get that replica shirts can be seen as a bit of a yoof / kids thing, but the black away shirt makes for casual wear at whatever age IMHO.

Good point, can also see what happens next weekend too.

I'm a Brighton supporter, that doesn't automatically make me stupid .... why on earth would I wear a Sunderland shirt?

I'm a Brighton supporter, that doesn't automatically make me stupid .... why on earth would I wear a Palace shirt?

Not that kind of client / business meeting - we all work for HMRC, but the team is split between Telford, Southend and Newcastle. So they're not clients in the traditional sense and no loss of business is at risk. "Back me up?" half of them are over-fifty females - I'll let you decide ...

I'll defer my decision and await outcomes of Tuesday and next weekend. - I'll err on the side of caution and probably give it a miss - wouldn't want to jeopardise my recent 4k teeth implant work ...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me ....
      Good rebuttals, elegantly tabulated. No, don't wear that shirt. All the best.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'd go for a half-and-half shirt if I was you (black, blue and white stripes), just to be on the safe side.