Colours advice ...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Turning to the good folk of NSC for some wise advice, if I may.

I have a business trip to Newcastle next Tuesday - 5 of us from Telford to meet up with business colleagues in Newcastle.
We do this monthly and always go out somewhere for a few beers and some nosh in the evening.
Last time there was a bit of banter about the top of the Championship - all light hearted / fun.
Next Thursday we're going to "Lane 7" for some retro bowling / night out

So, would I be silly / provocative if I wore my black [Brighton away] shirt?
Newcastle are playing that night, away at Reading - so will most serious Magpies be out of town or glued to their radios?
I'm not one to go looking for trouble - 55 y/o pot-bellied male - but wearing a Brighton shirt in the heart of Newcastle city centre on a Tuesday night - would that be asking for trouble?
Or would it make for banter / conversation? Whey Aye!

Thoughts .....
Thoughts ? Christ mate , you're a man of 55 ,do you really need to be asking questions like this.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Not that kind of client / business meeting - we all work for HMRC, but the team is split between Telford, Southend and Newcastle. So they're not clients in the traditional sense and no loss of business is at risk. "Back me up?" half of them are over-fifty females - I'll let you decide ...

I'll defer my decision and await outcomes of Tuesday and next weekend. - I'll err on the side of caution and probably give it a miss - wouldn't want to jeopardise my recent £4k teeth implant work ...

Hang on a minute, the real issue here is that you're going out on the lash on MY tax dollar, AND then spaffing £4,000 of it on your pearly whites

:angry:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm 50, only time I ever wear a replica shirt is to a game (sometimes don't bother this time of year as it's buried under several other layers). Wearing one to a work social function wouldn't even occur to me, let alone somewhere where it could lead to issues. I've got some BHA cufflinks I wear to work sometimes,fortuitously had them on the Monday after the Fulham away game as they were noticed by a Fulham STH from another function during a meeting..............[emoji23][emoji23]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was my question - will it make me a target? Your view is obviously yes - thanks.

No disrespect taken, what would you suggest, bobble hat and scarf? I get that replica shirts can be seen as a bit of a yoof / kids thing, but the black away shirt makes for casual wear at whatever age IMHO.

Good point, can also see what happens next weekend too.

I'm a Brighton supporter, that doesn't automatically make me stupid .... why on earth would I wear a Sunderland shirt?

I'm a Brighton supporter, that doesn't automatically make me stupid .... why on earth would I wear a Palace shirt?

Not that kind of client / business meeting - we all work for HMRC, but the team is split between Telford, Southend and Newcastle. So they're not clients in the traditional sense and no loss of business is at risk. "Back me up?" half of them are over-fifty females - I'll let you decide ...

I'll defer my decision and await outcomes of Tuesday and next weekend. - I'll err on the side of caution and probably give it a miss - wouldn't want to jeopardise my recent £4k teeth implant work ...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me ....

Good rebuttals, elegantly tabulated. No, don't wear that shirt. All the best.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've worn an Albion t-shirt in my nephew's local in Prudhoe just outside 'castle and it resulted in some excellent banter but more so in some good football talk. I love Geordies. Good football folk.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here