Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pocognoli fit for Newcastle game

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Depends.

The slim messenger is used for out and about local and UK day trips; typically it will contain my phone, passport, wallet (man purse), keysiPad and any paper I need to read (typically German home work these days). I often carry my phone in my pocket but hate loading up my pockets with anything else.

The new tote is used for overnighters, like last Saturday, so it will carry the aforementioned plus a tooth brush, toothpaste, deodorant and phone charger and fresh socks, pants and tee.

You sound sexy!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
BG is a big fan of GB

BG has an ally in CH with that regard although SP is the better footballer GB offers a lot more strength and power defensively. GB and SP are very different type players so there is an argument for both of them to play.

Its a nice position to be in when we are not so worried about who plays LB any more. Far cry from last year when BG was scouring Europe for potential LBs to cover our long term injuries there.

Have I covered that sufficiently for you BG [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] ?

GB or SP is OK by ME!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG is a big fan of GB

BG has an ally in CH with that regard although SP is the better footballer GB offers a lot more strength and power defensively. GB and SP are very different type players so there is an argument for both of them to play.

Its a nice position to be in when we are not so worried about who plays LB any more. Far cry from last year when BG was scouring Europe for potential LBs to cover our long term injuries there.

Have I covered that sufficiently for you BG [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] ?

Perhaps CH will consider playing 1 at left midfield at difficult away games like Leeds and Derby as hd did LR on the right last season to give us more defensive ability.

Stumpy Tim

Yes there is. It's because Pocognoli is not a six foot four brick shithouse centre back.

Personally I believe it's because his positioning isn't great. I noticed on a number of occasions on Saturday that he was a couple of yards behind the other three defenders, as they moved out in a line. He also plays very narrow - more narrow than Bruno.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Perhaps CH will consider playing 1 at left midfield at difficult away games like Leeds and Derby as hd did LR on the right last season to give us more defensive ability.

Or perhaps he wont. I wouldn't push it BG. Your probably not on that much of the same wavelength as CH. Leeds are beatable up there

I thought the Derby match was at home anyhow

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Or perhaps he wont. I wouldn't push it BG. Your probably not on that much of the same wavelength as CH. Leeds are beatable up there

I thought the Derby match was at home anyhow

My mistake I meant Norwich as them and Leeds stand out as the most difficult away games but then remember Rotherham last season. I think we will get at least 2 draws from them or even beat one of them.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Personally I believe it's because his positioning isn't great. I noticed on a number of occasions on Saturday that he was a couple of yards behind the other three defenders, as they moved out in a line. He also plays very narrow - more narrow than Bruno.

All valid. Regardless, Pulis wouldn't play him - he's just not big or physical enough for Pulis to consider him. He mostly plays centre backs (by trade) at full back (Dawson, etc). Even his WINGERS, are selected for their physicality - Chadli (6'2"), Phillips (6'1"), McClean (5'11" but aggressive as ****).

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
My mistake I meant Norwich as them and Leeds stand out as the most difficult away games but then remember Rotherham last season. I think we will get at least 2 draws from them or even beat one of them.

I have a sneaking suspicion he knows how to beat Norwich

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
All valid. Regardless, Pulis wouldn't play him - he's just not big or physical enough for Pulis to consider him. He mostly plays centre backs (by trade) at full back (Dawson, etc). Even his WINGERS, are selected for their physicality - Chadli (6'2"), Phillips (6'1"), McClean (5'11" but aggressive as ****).

One of the reasons Pulis doesn't play Poco is that he's not that good in the air. This was shown up most in the Cardiff game, when Poco did win a fair few balls in the air, but proceeded to head it straight out, thereby giving Halford, etc the chance to launch another throw further up the pitch. Other teams have targeted him in the air too.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Depends.

The slim messenger is used for out and about local and UK day trips; typically it will contain my phone, passport, wallet (man purse), keysiPad and any paper I need to read (typically German home work these days). I often carry my phone in my pocket but hate loading up my pockets with anything else.

The new tote is used for overnighters, like last Saturday, so it will carry the aforementioned plus a tooth brush, toothpaste, deodorant and phone charger and fresh socks, pants and tee.

No issues getting those contents into the ground ? When we lived abroad and came to matches we faced a dilemma about what to do with bags if the game was on arrival day. Never wanted to take the risk so always diverted to relatives first. We once had deodorant confiscated away at Exeter !

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As back up to Bong as he has proved he is not good enough for The Premier hence we got him on loan.

Is that a bit like Jesse Lingard who we got on loan and who is now – I believe – a regular at Manchester United?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here