Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In our seats for GOSBTS?

It's a bit like a council putting any sort of restrictions on driving (bus/cycle lanes, pedestrianisation etc). Letters pages on newspapers and online comments are dominated by people asking how plumbers are meant to carry tools or the disabled get around, as if most of the people on the road are plumbers,

I didn't used to be wound up by JLEs but I'm up and down in my seat like a jack in the box in the last 10 minutes. If it's not people in my row, it's those in the row in front.

I'm happy to report that Lord B, who's two rows in front of me, is there at the end.

... and I can still get on an eastbound train within 30 minutes of the final whistle, even after hanging about to clap the team off and watch David Stockdale give his gloves to a young lad. Despite the fact that, these days, I hobble about with a walking stick.

Oh. And one more thing ...

Can we all respect the geordies when they sing their great anthem? I had two grandads. One of them lived on the Scotswood Road. The other lived in Blaydon. Neither of them ever went along the Shoreham Road to see their football team.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
No it wasn't! The Norman Wisdom version was "Going up AND WE'LL win the Cup!" The 'to win the cup' was a 'temporary' change for the Cup Final. It doesn't make any sense now and I can't believe people still sing it 'because they always have'. How ****ing thick are they?

Talk about splitting hairs. Fair enough. The point is, it's not difficult to switch now.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Talk about splitting hairs. Fair enough. The point is, it's not difficult to switch now.

I'm most certainly not splitting hairs. The two versions have different words and mean different things, also one makes sense and one is sung by morons who actually don't understand the words they're singing. The only thing they have in common is the word 'Cup'.

I agree it's not difficult to switch though. I've gone from the Norman Wisdom version to the real one - and I'd been singing it since 1966!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here