Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on Southern Fail ?
    Just what I thought. Start out 45 minutes before normal and still just made it before KO. I thought it might be another taxi job at one time.

Brighton = blue
    Albion = white
    Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Having two versions ends up causing the whole thing to wither a bit as neither is properly belted out due to people's fear of being different to those nearby. Stick to what is on the screen ?
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by See-Goals View Post
      I always sang "cup" at Withdean as did those around me and I still sing the 'cup version' now regardless of what a big telly says.

So far I've managed to avoid any confrontation with other fans or being thrown out - so I think it's OK.
      So have I but why not change to the original and better version the club are trying to unify everyone with? Would sound a lot better if everyone just sang the same version underlined by the club
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      Actually I think it is 'Oh Sussex, Sussex by the sea..'

But yes I agree, most people just seem to repeat the same line twice.

They also like to insert another 'gawan up tah win tha cup' in the line that is supposed to be 'and i'll sing you a song as we march along..'
      That's the line some of us have been singing since the 70's, we ain't gonna change now!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Seagulls over Essex View Post
      That's the line some of us have been singing since the 70's, we ain't gonna change now!

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      Having two versions ends up causing the whole thing to wither a bit as neither is properly belted out due to people's fear of being different to those nearby. Stick to what is on the screen ?
      Not just what is on the screen but also what the PROPER words are. I am not sure why people are intent on being difficult, sing the 'cup' version when we sing it during a match by all means but as the teams come out it surely makes sense to sing the proper and ORIGINAL words in unison?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by oneillco View Post
      I noticed that even for a crunch game like Reading that the stands were probably only two thirds full for GOSBTS. Against the Geordies it would be great if we are all in place to belt it out. Can you neck that last drop of Harveys by 7:35?
      Sadly not it has become traditon i make my way to my seat once the players are on the pitch.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
      Sadly not it has become traditon i make my way to my seat once the players are on the pitch.
      Sadly you and thousands of others. Football is secondary to food beverages and getting home early. Be nice on occasion for the players to get the support their efforts deserve by more people being in the stands for KOs & FT. Also less annoying for the very many who are / get disrupted (as many continually complain of on here so don't have a go!)
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      Sadly you and thousands of others. Football is secondary to food beverages and getting home early. Be nice on occasion for the players to get the support their efforts deserve by more people being in the stands for KOs & FT. Also less annoying for the very many who are / get disrupted (as many continually complain of on here so don't have a go!)
      You want to keep your ****ing opinions to yourself. Who said i missed Kick off and im sure i support the team more than you. You sad tosser. The players need me. They get that im pretty sure i sing more than you make more of an atmosphere and show more support. Just because i wait until the players are out until i take my seat doesnt mean im not in the ground or on the piss. Superstition is all so pipe down an get back in your box.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
      You want to keep your ****ing opinions to yourself. Who said i missed Kick off and im sure i support the team more than you. You sad tosser. The players need me. They get that im pretty sure i sing more than you make more of an atmosphere and show more support. Just because i wait until the players are out until i take my seat doesnt mean im not in the ground or on the piss. Superstition is all so pipe down an get back in your box.
      I didn't say you did. But your over reaction and presumed guilt is telling. Now f uck off fool. Go on, off you f uck...