Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by oneillco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No I was thinking more about when I arrived a couple of mins after KO for the Leeds match (thanks Southern) and was amazed by the hundreds of people casually finishing their pints on the concourse...
    Live and let live ?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
      Live and let live ?
      Nope not that song either
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      The only downside to Saturday was how many seats were empty in the East (and to a lesser extent the North) Stand before the end of the game on Saturday.

Yes, there are some who need to get away as they have either a long way to travel, of have plans for that particular evening, but to see so many empty seats was IMO disappointing.

The players deserve better.
      Thanks Robbie - one day we'll name a stand after you.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellor 3 Ward 4 View Post
      The only downside to Saturday was how many seats were empty in the East (and to a lesser extent the North) Stand before the end of the game on Saturday.

Yes, there are some who need to get away as they have either a long way to travel, of have plans for that particular evening, but to see so many empty seats was IMO disappointing.

Unbelievable over half had gone in the East Stand by the end :-( was utter ridiculous

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
      Live and let live ?
      Yes absolutely live and let live but I am working on the assumption that we collectively want our team to do well and so might try and make a bit of an extra effort.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Gariani View Post
      This. Atmosphere was decent v. Reading from the start despite a fairly slow beginning to the match - afternoon results and 5.30pm KO helped.

For Newcastle we need to up it to the next level. Can't quite be the same as the Massive Play Off Semi-Final home leg but should be getting there.

More people getting to their seats slightly earlier than they normally do for a 7.45pm KO would be a good start...
      We need to bear in mind too, that the away support is going to be much bigger, and much much more vociferous than it was on Saturday. They make a lot of noise those Geordies.

Be nice too, if we all same the same songs. and in time with one another . Sometimes it seems that even different sections of the North Stand. are out of sync with one another.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      Be nice too, if we all same the same songs. and in time with one another . Sometimes it seems that even different sections of the North Stand. are out of sync with one another.
      Maybe someone should start a thread about this.

0 Not allowed!
      Get a DRUM or something you can BANG along on time to

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellor 3 Ward 4 View Post

That's reminded me of something, having made the same observation as you. Is the exodus from the WSU the same as from the East? Sitting where I (and you) do, I wonder if people are leaving the WSU in the same volume and we just don't notice.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.
      Objective but passionate

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      That's reminded me of something, having made the same observation as you. Is the exodus from the WSU the same as from the East? Sitting where I (and you) do, I wonder if people are leaving the WSU in the same volume and we just don't notice.
      Yes, they are. And for 'half', read 'a few'.

Its a few in the East, just as it is in the West and everywhere else. All this 'better stand / better fans' bullshit ****s me right off, frankly. (As you know) I pretty much alternate between the ESL and the West. There is absolutely no discernible difference at all in the % of folk who get up to leave (very) shortly before the end.
      Stand or Fall