Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're on our way - Brighton's posh music class version

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Somebody was banging the wall on Saturday evening, so we could hear the rhythm. I came home slightly hoarse with all the singing that I did, in N1G, but others have said, that from the west stand, that they heard two different versions going on at the same time, so you cannot say that you can hear everything in the north stand, because, quite frankly, you can't.

I'm in N1F and can clearly hear what the police box lot are singing. Last season I was next to the police box and could clearly hear what the East end of the North were singing. All people have to do is take a second to listen, and join in with which song is the loudest. We'd then have a brilliant atmosphere. It's not rocket science, but it seems to be beyond a lot of people, which seems completely bizarre to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
I'm in N1F and can clearly hear what the police box lot are singing. Last season I was next to the police box and could clearly hear what the East end of the North were singing. All people have to do is take a second to listen, and join in with which song is the loudest. We'd then have a brilliant atmosphere. It's not rocket science, but it seems to be beyond a lot of people, which seems completely bizarre to me.

Agree with this, do like Were on our way song / chant though.!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If the other stands in the ground are all singing they wouldn't hear if the NS were singing out of time, just saying like

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013

So there are a couple on here that say they can't hear the others and a couple like yourself who say they can hear it clearly which I can, albeit from west stand lower.
I've been in brighton away crowds that have held as much as the north stand yet we've all managed to sing the same songs.
Surely that can't be acoustics?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So there are a couple on here that say they can't hear the others and a couple like yourself who say they can hear it clearly which I can, albeit from west stand lower.
I've been in brighton away crowds that have held as much as the north stand yet we've all managed to sing the same songs.
Surely that can't be acoustics?

Or it could be a front to back problem? Those that are standing at the back can hear better than those sitting near the front.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
One of these might help.

holoman.jpg

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove

I'm in N1H, so quite possibly twice as far away from the police box as you are, with twice as many people in between. Quite often, as we know, different parts of the North are singing different things at the same time. I can 'take a second to listen' all I want, but there are times when I'm just not going to pick up what the PBC are singing. You probably can. I can't. Not sure how 'bizarre' that is, tbh..

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Watching the game later on TV the atmosphere sounded fantastic with an almost constant barrage of noise. Trouble is sometimes you could hear about 6 songs going, 3 versions of We're on our Way each about 2 seconds apart, a drone of Aaalllbbbbiiiiooonnn, We are Brighton, and something else. The acoustics are all wrong.

Yeah, but the noise is f***ing epic!!! The Reading team must have felt like slaves to the slaughter in the Colosseum. The BHA wall of noise!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I had a Chelsea fan in front of me Saturday, after singing this at 1-0 he decided to tell everyone "you haven't got anywhere yet" after the second and third went in and we were dancing on our seats, he promptly went along the row shaking everyone's hand whilst apologising

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here