Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6 wins...?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What has one got to do with the other.

Coming off that Ipswich game and that long average run of form that's how I felt.

Even during that run I would have expected to beat QPR and wolves away.

Reeeeeeeally? You're actually asking what one has to do with the other?! Come on Dwayne behave mate!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
We can lose two more than Huddersfield. They will lose maybe 2. So we can lose 4.

But my god it still feels like there will be a massive event between now and the end which will keep us hanging on till 89 mins v Villa.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Not sure how to find it, but how are we vs last year?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Lots of negativity about Leeds away. It is worth noting that three of their defenders could miss our match.

Ayling and Bartley are one yellow from a two match ban so If they both make it through the brum match And get booked in either of the next two (vs Fulham and agent kaz's QPR) then they will miss us.

Pontus cry baby is two yellows from a three match ban. So if he gets two in the next three then he misses our match.

Their defence without those three would look weak.

Last edited:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Are we looking at 6 more wins plus a couple of draws as being enough to see us through in the top 2?... with 13 games left it seems achievable... I am almost feeling that this is too simple given our form. It also seems almost too good to be true.

No, don't think it is too simple. That would mean Huddersfield require 8 wins and 3 draws from 13, which is challenging, and Newcastle 6 wins and 3/4 draws, by no means a shoo in given they have the most difficult run in of all 24 teams based on current position. TBH, win tomorrow and Sat, and Udders draw with Newcastle and I shall stick a bubbly in fridge.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lots of negativity about Leeds away. It is worth noting that three of their defenders could miss our match.

Ayling and Bartley are one yellow from a two match ban so If they both make it through the brum match And get booked in either of the next two (vs Fulham and agent kaz's QPR) then they will miss us.

Pontus cry baby is two yellows from a three match ban. So if he gets two in the next three then he misses our match.

Their defence without those three would look weak.

Good stats - thanks! I will be keeping an eye on this :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good points, but it's very unlikely they'll be missing all 3.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Good points, but it's very unlikely they'll be missing all 3.

Obviously not that likely but very possible. Avoid booking vs poor brum team but then will be less hard to avoid bookings against an attacking Fulham side and rampaging kaz.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Burnley didnt lose any of their last 24 did they last season ? I'll wait a while yet.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think we need 22 points psychologically with tonight being at least one of them. Given that at least either toon or terriers will drop points this weekend.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Still need another 5 wins I think.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Agreed. That would be 92 even if we lose the other 4 games. Udders would need 93 as never going to make up GD, equivalent to 8 wins from 11 plus a draw. Possible but very challenging. Leeds won't W9 and D1 out of final 10.

When you think that all 4 Home games are very winnable and Wolves have the worst home record in the division, it would be disappointing if 4 wins don't come from these 5 fixtures, surely we can find one other....

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon

Agreed. That would be 92 even if we lose the other 4 games. Udders would need 93 as never going to make up GD, equivalent to 8 wins from 11 plus a draw. Possible but very challenging. Leeds won't W9 and D1 out of final 10.

When you think that all 4 Home games are very winnable and Wolves have the worst home record in the division, it would be disappointing if 4 wins don't come from these 5 fixtures, surely we can find one other....

That's what I'm thinking too. 5-0-4 should do it, leaving Hudders requiring 8-1-2 or if we achieve 4-2-3 Hudders would need 8-0-3. Even with Albion on 4-1-4 Hudders would need 7-2-2, which is still a helluva run-in for them to maintain. A Brentford win (or even a draw) vs Hudders tomorrow would certainly be welcomed.

I don't think my nerves could take us needing a result at Villa to be sure of promotion. Let's hope that it doesn't come to that. If we play out the rest of the season like we did tonight we should have nothing to fear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here