Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6 wins...?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
My Prediction (For what it's worth)

Wins... Rotherham, Derby, Blackburn, Brum, Wigan, Bristol, = 18 points
Draws... Newcastle, Forest, QPR, Wolves = 4 Points
Lose... Norwich, Villa (Won't matter at Villa or Norwich as Promotion will be clinched)

22 Points
Total 93 points and Promotion.

Are we just not going to bother turning up at Elland Road? ???

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
That's 24 points + 71 = 95.

Ahh! I was thinking back to what I worked out before the Reading game.

7 wins then! And Huddersfield would need 9 wins out of 13, plus a draw, if we were to lose 6.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
They could potentially be 12 behind - we have two games before they play again in the league

Flipping heck you are right. That is astounding. Not sure why I could not figure out the rudimentary maths there. Even with the games in hand that would surely be a step too far for Huddersfield. Just goes to show how important this week is to us.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Are we just not going to bother turning up at Elland Road? ???
Also I still don't get the negativity with wolves and QPR away.

Wolves are the worst home team in the league (worse than rotherham) and have averaged less than a point a game at home

QPR are similarly woeful at home with the 4th worst record in the league.

By the time we play both it's very likely they will have nothing to play for.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Also I still don't get the negativity with wolves and QPR away.

Wolves are the worst home team in the league (worse than rotherham) and have averaged less than a point a game at home

QPR are similarly woeful at home with the 4th worst record in the league.

By the time we play both it's very likely they will have nothing to play for.

Yes - that bloody negativity on those 2 tough away games is a disgrace... http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ing-run-and-all-credit-to-the-team&highlight=

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Yes - that bloody negativity on those 2 tough away games is a disgrace... http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ing-run-and-all-credit-to-the-team&highlight=

You beat me to posting this link by a minute. You couldn't make it up, could you?!

We've had an amazing run and all credit to the team.....

But... We are not top 2 material sadly. We had a great run in the first half of the season with a fair sprinkling of luck. But in the last 3 months we've been very average. The good news is we should make the play offs.

The sooner we manage this expectation the better. Our squad is excellent, and we have done brilliantly to get top 2 but we simply dont have enough to sustain this.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've been doing some playing about with figures and looking at points per game home and away as an indication of form but I've done it as 2 points for a win to be statistically more accurate. I did each remaining game for the top 3 and plotted home form vs away form for each game.
I may have been generous with points and it's just for fun, but I think it shows a good comparison of our respective run-ins.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-27%20at%2016.54.47.png

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I guess you're including the draw from 2014-15.

2015 -16 is W24 D17 L5
2016 -17 is W21 D8 L4

So those 80 games W45 D26 L9 = 161 points (just over 2 per game).

Cheers.......amazing stuff. It was in the press conference today that we've got 100 points in the last 46 games.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
We need one more point than the team who finish third - it's too early to say anymore than that

A huge dose of reality when everyone is trying to predict when one can feel safe. Even if BHAFC win promotion on the last day and no one "feels" comfortable till then the result would still be the same and the Seagulls would be having Amex matches with the likes of Arsenal/CitEH/United/Liverpool/Chelsea/Spurs/Stoke etc. and possibly, L Ron forbid, Palarse.next season.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
93 points needed. 7 wins and one draw.

Win five home games, draw with Newcastle. Beat 2 from Rotherham, wolves, qpr and forest away and lose the other 3 away games.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here